Where do you buy your water plants?

Reaction score
DrDave said:
It is nice to see real ponds and not pools as much anymore. Real ponds have plants and a natural appearance with lanscaping to frame it.

I never get tired of folks walking into my yard and commenting on how natural it all looks.

Yours is truly amazing! When I grow up, I want to be you! :lol:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They will be there on Saturday. I pulled them from my smaller ponds, where they were still growing well. My ponds are fish-less, so I don't think you need to worry about fish parasites. But I will let the koi peeps tell you if there is anything you should do or think about.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
DrDave said:
It is nice to see real ponds and not pools as much anymore. Real ponds have plants and a natural appearance with lanscaping to frame it.

I never get tired of folks walking into my yard and commenting on how natural it all looks.

I just checked out your videos and your ponds and landscaping are wonderful. I guess I need to remember to click on those links that members provide under their messages
udaman7.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I found some of my plants from Lowes and Home Depot as they carry some water garden plants in there garden center .I will be using the plant ring that I saw on this site as my fish destroy all my plants and the ring I hope will solve this and I bought some black trap door snails from trickers.com site and some anacharis which is an underwater plant .Trickers has the best prices for the snails and have seen them in action at my neighbors koi pond and they eat algae as do the garra pingi pingi algae eater ..The only problem I have with the garra is that it can sometimes be aggresive to baby fish .

try blueberris too my fish just love blueberries and they love slices of oranges also . I like to throw a piece of watermellon in and watch them attack it .It's like feeding frenzy .

ok tryed this with screening in small size if you cut tiny holes here and there It sits better in the pond I just made a small one to see it and used screening I had on had from a screen repair and I used a piece of I guess it's called irrigation pipe not sure and I cut very little tiny holes and it works to let more water in I guess .Can't wait for summer to come to really try it out .With out the tiny holes it seemed to float more and with the holes it seemed to stay down a little better but will still try to find the other stuff to make one .WOW I'm going to have plants in my pond this summer yippee GREAT so exciting

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I just put a rock or two in the center of my screen so it stays down in the water better :helm2:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have been working on the floating ring all day it is small but wanted to try it out it seemed the more holes I put the less it floated and if I had plants right now I could find out .Can't wait for summer now .Only wondering if the fish would jump in the ring have to watch for that once I first put it in ,

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes sometimes my fish will jump in the rings and I have to fish them out but it doesn't happen too often........usually at spawning time :helm2:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'm really enjoying the pond more and more over the last couple of years since I retired .I wish I would have had time back in NJ ,but 2 jobs and working 6 days a week I guess would not have been a good thing either as this seems to take some time and work and then you really need to have time to enjoy it too .It seems to be a nice hobby though for me now .

Ask a Question