Where to 1.5 in irrigation tubing

Reaction score
I have just made 55 gal barrel filter, i am currently using scubby pads for filter media, I used the top that come with with cut holes in it for the bottom grate, and used a 20 gal trash can lid that was sitting in my yard for the top grate, of course drilling holes in it first, works great to keep the media in the filter. Only problem is my pond is as green as it can get

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If your Bio filter is working right, the green will go away in a few days of continuous running. keep in mind this must run 24/7.

Reaction score
I finished my doc filter with irrigation tubing and about twenty skippy filters pads that I placed in my african cichlid tank for about 2 weeks to hopefully start my cycle.The pond is up and running.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
pumpdogs said:
I finished my doc filter with irrigation tubing and about twenty skippy filters pads that I placed in my african cichlid tank for about 2 weeks to hopefully start my cycle.The pond is up and running.

Keep us posted on how it is working for you. Did you take any pictures while building it? Interested to see the Doc/Skippy combo and efficiency.

Reaction score
Its really the doc filter built using the new design using 50 ft of irrigation tubing and pvc for a stand for the media.I just added the skippy media to seed the filter.I also painted the 55 gal drum with grey spray paint.I used 2 in bulkheads i bought from that pet place for the return and dump valve.
I did not take any pictures while i was building it because i am not sure howw to post pictures on the site.

Ask a Question