where to get pond plants

Dbarr1575

Good with aquariums, new to ponds
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Wow Addy, thanks so much for that list! Interestingly, I am ordering the creeping Jenny from PlayitKoi this week, but you said zone 5, should I not get it? I figured they would not sell it to me if it was not good for my zone? I really wanted cat tails but I don't think they would live down here, it's already 86 degrees, but thankfully still cools off at night.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
but you said zone 5,
The zones in the list are the down to zone. IE the bottom level. I am zone 6bish, and it grows great here. Per the net zone 5-7 for creeping jenny. I always push zones, most of the time the plants do fine. Here if I push the lower zone and we have a bad winter, poof gone. Then that plant does not get replanted.

That is a list I made 10ish years ago should still be ok.

Give it a try.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow Addy, thanks so much for that list! Interestingly, I am ordering the creeping Jenny from PlayitKoi this week, but you said zone 5, should I not get it? I figured they would not sell it to me if it was not good for my zone? I really wanted cat tails but I don't think they would live down here, it's already 86 degrees, but thankfully still cools off at night.

I ordered from PlayitKoi and they are on backorder for weeks. Really sucks so I am thinking of cancelling order.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
got to remember 30 million people are unemployed and are at home right now. everything from liners to pumps foam caulking is hit or miss.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just received plants in excellent condition well packed and shipped as well as the quantity was equally sweet from playitkoi.com
I just checked there and they have some nice plants. I especially like the Mojito taro, but you have to buy 6 plants. I don't have room for 6!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just received plants in excellent condition well packed and shipped as well as the quantity was equally sweet from playitkoi.com
Did you have to order a certain quantity of each kind of plant?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes they have buy bundles but that was not an issue for me

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B

After I played a second order with him, he sent a thank you note! So nice! The first order was water lettuce and water hyacinth. I am waiting for the parrot feather. The piggie koi always go right after the water lettuce when we put it in. The plants are discounted right now.

Ask a Question