Which medicine to add ???????????????

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi , friends
I’m Neha

I am having an aquarium tank with 5 fishes in which two of them are koi fish and two are gold fish and a black eye fish . the black eye fish has some tiny black small lines [ since last 1 month] in some parts of her fin which now has spread through to her body as well and i have tried some medicines like BACTONIL FW and GRANDFISH WHITE SPOT CURE but not got any successful results .all fishes are OK except one koi fish which has clamped fins and one goldfish with torn fin / tail . Since i have only 1 year experience with fishes i don't know what to do .i don't have any special equipment like water test kit .please kindly suggest me some remedies so that i can cure it .And how much time will it take to disappear from my fish?

tank is of 25 liters
the black eye fish is of 4 inch or10.6 cm [approximately]
I don’t know whether my filter is biofilter or any other and if is then I even don’t know the level
the fishes get oxygen through the filter itself so there is no need of air pump

some days before I also noticed red streaks on her fins [back fins] and have separated her in a tub with an air pump [flow rate i don’t know] and has tried a new medicine called PARACIDOL FW for only two hours and now she is again in her tank. She always sits on the stones and is not much active but will be when its food time.

the black eye fish is jumping out of water[not falling down on floor ] again and again since last month . and so i used to change the water from the tank after every 2 weeks and used to add aquarium salt . But now it has been a month but no improvement is seen . please kindly suggest something .

also today I saw the two goldfish and the black eye fish have red and torn fins [ all the fins are almost torn] so I added the medicine again BACTONIL FW as it has once cured my koi fish at the time of fin rot.

So I did 100 % water change[ full tank and gravels ] but have not added any medicine in the tank just aquarium salt .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Sorry, but there is no accurate way of determining the source of your fish health issues without testing the water. Exhaust all avenues in searching for either a test kit or someone else to test your water. You must know exactly what you are treating before you can effectively, correctly, or safely apply medication.

Reaction score
Country
India
Sorry, but there is no accurate way of determining the source of your fish health issues without testing the water. Exhaust all avenues in searching for either a test kit or someone else to test your water. You must know exactly what you are treating before you can effectively, correctly, or safely apply medication.
thank you . i will try to get a test kit as soon as possible.
now currently my two goldfish and the black eye fish have torn and red fins so i was in doubt whether they have fin rot and have put them in a separate tub with the same medicine BACTONIL FW as it has once cured my koi fish fins but it is same as it was before . the fins are torn ant the torn endings of the fin has dark red color while the other fins have light red color . the black eye fish is jumping out of water trying to fall down so i have covered the tub with a net

Reaction score
Country
India
for torn fins and red fins [the fins are torn ant the torn endings of the fin has dark red color while the other fins have light red color] should i add PARACIDOL FW [ anti parasitic copper based remedy ] or WHITE SPOT CURE [treats white spot , gill fluke, slime and velvet . removes and kills white spot bacteria , ichthyophthirius multifiliis from aquarium ] or FUNG-RID [treates fungal diseases and ich and cotton wool diseases] or BACTONIL FW [INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ANT - BACTERIAL , effective against - skin discoloration , ulcerous wound, inflammations , mouth fungus , cloudy eye , pop eye , fish bite , fin rot ]

since it is urgent and i have only these medicines now please kindly suggest me out of these medicines any one for torn fins and red fins .

Ask a Question