Why is this pond forum successful?

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Being a member of two other rather well known pond forums I became disheartened to learn after a long absence that both had very little activity. I poised that question to one of the few active members. His reply was very logical. "Due to the economy ponding was gone done in popularity. Hopefully members will return."

As to the title of this post the following pretty much answeres that question. It was a good day when I discovered Garden Pond Forum, an active forum with many fine members. One of GPF's best aspects is it embraces all classes of ponders along with all manner of pond ownership and stewardship. Ponding can involve so many varied topics from the simple to the complex. All such topics seem to be welcomed here. In closing, corresponding with GPF members is like having a good chin-wag with a friendly neighbor.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
I too have tried other forums. I like this forum because the active members are nice and helpful and made me feel really welcome. And this forum, the active people are around enough that they form a community and talk with each other instead of just individuals answering questions.

It also has just the right amount of activity. Another fish forum didn't have enough activity. Another fish forum, it was just too active and had too many posts and too many people, that one felt like a big city, this forum feels like a village of helpful people. I'd like to retire here :)

(PS. I've only been a member here since April this year, and a bonus, they also laugh at my jokes.)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
grouphugg.gif

Reaction score
This is my first and only gardening forum, so I really wouldn't know any different :) And I've learned soo much from you guys in the short amount of time I've been on here. Thank you to everyone that has welcomed me also :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I think it's due to the friendly members, Little to no advertisement, Limited moderation, and the desire for many of us to help others with similar interests. I belong to five forums, Three that have to do with ponds, two of other interest. This one always seems to have the friendliest members to get information from.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

GROUP HUG!!

Well, I've been a member for about a year & a half. Not a member anywhere else, but do lurk a bit. It's without a doubt, the members that make GPF such a great place. But what is it about GPF that attracts the "right" people? Got me on that one...

But when I was searching for a source of info [unique situation, as primary purpose for me was to have a turtle-safe watering hole for my box turtles], what struck me most about GPF was the diversity of experiences of the members, their willingness to HELP others, the lack of fanaticism [well, with a few exceptions ;)], their openness and willingness to learn from other members, and everyone is so darn FRIENDLY!

Maybe it's that friendliness and open acceptance.... who knows, but it works, whatever it is!

Ask a Question