Why would you not vote for Trump or Clinton be specific.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mgmine, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgmine

MitchM

You mean as the current crop of extremist Islamic and various ISIS "refugees" are currently trying to do...?...:whistle:

MitchM, Dec 2, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. mgmine

MitchM

I never said we were perfect, it's just human nature in my opinion.

I'm going Christmas shopping now.

MitchM, Dec 2, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. mgmine

Mucky_Waters

Have fun, and try to restrain yourself when the checkout clerk says "Happy Holidays" :facepalm: ;)

Mucky_Waters, Dec 2, 2016
    MitchM likes this.
  4. mgmine

Mucky_Waters

Who are they?

Maybe they are me? Although I doubt it since I've never sat on any boards or committees that decide such things.

I've always been in favor of separation of religion practices and school, ever since I was old enough to think about it anyways.
    Actually one could easily argue that Christmas is not really a religious holiday, after all what does Santa Claus and Christmas trees have to do with Jesus?, but that is a topic for another thread (or forum).
    But the point is, if you are going to teach religious beliefs and practices in school then you have to decide which religion you are going to teach. To say "well that's easy we'll just teach Christianity" would be pretty naive. After all, there over 30,000 different "Christian" denomination out there. and of course there is just as many people who aren't interested in Christianity. But of course everybody thinks theirs is the one true religion or belief and that's the one who's beliefs should be followed. Again very naive.

No the most logical course is to eliminate any and all religious beliefs and practices (Christian, Jewish, Islamic, whatever) from public school curriculum and let parents and individuals decide for them self what, if any, religion they and their kids want to follow. Or, they also have the already readily available choice of sending their kids to some sort of religious school.

Becky, Nepen and Meyer Jordan like this.
  5. mgmine

j.w I Love my Goldies

They are people who take you to court and sue you for saying or doing something they don't like no matter how ridiculous it sounds.They win w/liberal judges and then it becomes law.

Let parents decide what values to teach their children is my vote. Now it is the public school system teaching them their views on what they should believe. Teach kids reading, writing and arithmetic in school. Stick to the basics. If parents want to send their kids to a religious school of their choice than so be it.

j.w, Dec 2, 2016
    MitchM and Meyer Jordan like this.
  6. mgmine

Mucky_Waters

Since public schools systems still seem to be indoctrinating Christmas themes on elementary school children I tend to agree.

7. mgmine

j.w I Love my Goldies

They are teaching them their liberal political and moral views also. Yet they won't allow any moral views of Christians to be taught. If no religion then no opposite views should be taught either. If they say go to a Christian school to stay away from their views then they need to allow the Christian schools to be subsidized so all people can afford them. Why should we pay our taxes and have to listen to only their views? Like I said, let the parents teach the values and make teachers stick to the basics.

j.w, Dec 2, 2016
  8. mgmine

Mucky_Waters

Can you give me some examples of what you are talking about?

9. mgmine

Nepen

How does liberal equate to religion? Everybody and every religion can be liberal (and I would incline to think if Jesus is here today he would be pretty much liberal as he said to help the sick, the poor, and the needy, is that not true? I learn it in my Christian university by the way) And if teaching that everybody is equal and have empathy to everybody/love your friends and other human being is not a part of Christian then I don't know what Christian is.
    And if Christian school got subsidie, what about other religion schools?

I don't know why saying Happy holiday is taking anybody freedom away. I don't see a law pass or police mandating you can't say merry Christmas. I am not Christian and all my friends are various religion and non got offended by merry Christmas. I think if people feel like Christmas is Christian celebration may be they could blame it on the business who would like to expand their profit by being inclusive and want everybody to come out and enjoy the holiday by spending lots of money so they try to be inclusive to other believes so they come out and spend too.

If people feel that their freedom to say merry Christmas is threaten then may be they should also consider that the LGBT group freedom to marry and be a family and adopt children are threaten under Pence and also the freedom of women with a choice to their own body are also threaten with this soon new government.

The last time i learn my constitution, the separation of church and state is still intact.

Nepen, Dec 2, 2016
    Becky and Meyer Jordan like this.
  10. mgmine

j.w I Love my Goldies

11. mgmine

Mucky_Waters

BTW,,, I don't see how I romanticized the native history in any way? Unless you are somehow referring to the picture I posted. If so I'd have to say it seems like a pretty reasonable depiction of typical native lifestyle.

12. mgmine

Meyer Jordan Tadpole

Are you suggesting that all public schools are staffed by Liberals. Surely sounds like it.

Meyer Jordan, Dec 3, 2016
  13. mgmine

j.w I Love my Goldies

@Meyer Jordan I could not prove that and I'm sure there are some that are not. I just have seen and heard that there are many teachers in the public schools that teach liberalism. It's obvious to me. Do you not see it?

j.w, Dec 3, 2016
  14. mgmine

Meyer Jordan Tadpole

I see the reporting? of isolated incidents. I do not see a nation-wide problem. With about 100,000 public schools in this country, these few incidents make up only a small fraction of 1% of the total schools.

Add to this the fact that 31 of the 50 states have Republican administrations. Hard to fathom that public school curricula would be liberal especially in these states.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  15. mgmine

MitchM

I was referring to the caption you had over the picture itself.
    It looked like you saw the native culture as one of " tolerance and understanding", and I don't agree with that characterization. I think they were opportunistic humans, like anyone else.

Also, let's keep in mind that I was answering this thread title when I brought up this Christmas topic. If people are surprised at the election results, perhaps they need to recognize that there are a lot of other people that may feel the same way I do.

I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, but we all get one vote each. (Not withstanding that we're in a different country)
    I think the overwhelming media bias towards the democrats caused a lot of Trump voters to remain silent right up until they reached the ballot box, which is when it really counts.

So which minority was it being silenced in the end?

MitchM, Dec 3, 2016
    Mucky_Waters likes this.
  16. mgmine

j.w I Love my Goldies

@Meyer Jordan Sorry I don't believe you are correct. Liberalism is coming from all directions. It is plain as day to me. It is your choice to believe what you like and mine to do the same. The news media is liberal as heck! If one cannot see that then one must have blinders on.

j.w, Dec 3, 2016
  17. mgmine

Meyer Jordan Tadpole

I saw no mention of the media in your post about schools. Just because the media may be mostly liberal has no direct bearing on school curriculum or how it is taught. I believe in facts and the facts concerning public schools are just as I presented them. BTW, these facts did not come from media reports.

I guess it is true.....that people will believe what they want to believe, forget any facts that they don't like.

Just a thought....If Liberalism is so prevalent and pervasive in our society how did Mr. Trump manage to get elected.

18. mgmine

mgmine

Too many things to respond to. J.W I agree with most what your are saying. Muck Waters and Meyer only a little bit. I want Christmas to stay as it is.What ever it stands for it's an American tradition. I do not want other traditions to take it over and I do not want to water it down. Whether or not you believe in any religion doesn't alter the fact that the country was founded because of religion. Nature has a way of self correction but humans don't necessarily self correct. We change our values and that changes everything else. Once changed we don't go back. I for one see the values of the world changing. What was once unheard of is now considered just fine. You can pretty much fill in the blanks for what values have changed. Okay I admit it I'm an old fart.

mgmine, Dec 3, 2016
    j.w and Mucky_Waters like this.
  19. mgmine

Mucky_Waters

OK, I see now how you could infer that. However, it wasn't actually meant to be a caption for the picture.

Mucky_Waters, Dec 3, 2016
    MitchM likes this.
  20. mgmine

Mucky_Waters

What ever it stands for? LOL I like that
    Now if there was ever a change to the customary Christmas greeting, I think that should be it. Instead of pressuring people into saying "happy Holidays", for political correctness, they should be obliged to shrug their shoulders and include that in their greeting and say "Merry Christmas, whatever it stands for?".
    Now that is an honest greeting that really makes sense and would make me smile. :D

Mucky_Waters, Dec 3, 2016
    Meyer Jordan likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question