Why would you not vote for Trump or Clinton be specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
... Initially we came as visitors, then immigrants, and it wasn't until there was a clash of "cultures" (there's that word again), that we decided to become conquerors.

You mean as the current crop of extremist Islamic and various ISIS "refugees" are currently trying to do...?...:whistle:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
In any case, it's just another glaring example of intolerance of one culture to another. Perhaps the whole thing started sometime around December when one of the natives said something similar to "happy Holidays" to one of the European pilgrims. :mad: :punch: :dead:

I never said we were perfect, it's just human nature in my opinion.

I'm going Christmas shopping now.

Reaction score
Unfortunately they are trying to stop you and have succeeded. It's all done in the name of not offending anyone. All it takes is one person to say that it offends them and the activity is barred. Or for that matter someone in authority that may think that the activity may offend someone and it's barred. In schools you can no longer have a Christmas pageant. In College you can no longer where a costume that offends someone or give a speech on free speech because it is being given by someone with different political views.. In the town hall you can no longer put up a Christmas decorations, I'm guessing that it's the same law in Iran and Iraq. So we are starting to slowly agree with them on things and I'm sure more of the same is on the way in the future. The Supreme court can start it's session with a prayer but the same prayer can't be said in school. Banning an activity is legal but making it legal is illegal . As J.W says "Our rights are slowly being taken away". We still have the right of free speech, or do we? I guess if you are saying something that doesn't offend the listener then we do. What ever happened to the phrase my mother used to tell me when I was a kid "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me" ? Try telling that to the snowflakes that are running around now and see what the say.
Who are they?

Maybe they are me? Although I doubt it since I've never sat on any boards or committees that decide such things.

I've always been in favor of separation of religion practices and school, ever since I was old enough to think about it anyways.
Actually one could easily argue that Christmas is not really a religious holiday, after all what does Santa Claus and Christmas trees have to do with Jesus?, but that is a topic for another thread (or forum).
But the point is, if you are going to teach religious beliefs and practices in school then you have to decide which religion you are going to teach. To say "well that's easy we'll just teach Christianity" would be pretty naive. After all, there over 30,000 different "Christian" denomination out there. and of course there is just as many people who aren't interested in Christianity. But of course everybody thinks theirs is the one true religion or belief and that's the one who's beliefs should be followed. Again very naive.

No the most logical course is to eliminate any and all religious beliefs and practices (Christian, Jewish, Islamic, whatever) from public school curriculum and let parents and individuals decide for them self what, if any, religion they and their kids want to follow. Or, they also have the already readily available choice of sending their kids to some sort of religious school.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They are people who take you to court and sue you for saying or doing something they don't like no matter how ridiculous it sounds.They win w/liberal judges and then it becomes law.

Let parents decide what values to teach their children is my vote. Now it is the public school system teaching them their views on what they should believe. Teach kids reading, writing and arithmetic in school. Stick to the basics. If parents want to send their kids to a religious school of their choice than so be it.

Reaction score
Now it is the public school system teaching them their views on what they should believe.
Since public schools systems still seem to be indoctrinating Christmas themes on elementary school children I tend to agree.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They are teaching them their liberal political and moral views also. Yet they won't allow any moral views of Christians to be taught. If no religion then no opposite views should be taught either. If they say go to a Christian school to stay away from their views then they need to allow the Christian schools to be subsidized so all people can afford them. Why should we pay our taxes and have to listen to only their views? Like I said, let the parents teach the values and make teachers stick to the basics.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
How does liberal equate to religion? Everybody and every religion can be liberal (and I would incline to think if Jesus is here today he would be pretty much liberal as he said to help the sick, the poor, and the needy, is that not true? I learn it in my Christian university by the way) And if teaching that everybody is equal and have empathy to everybody/love your friends and other human being is not a part of Christian then I don't know what Christian is.
And if Christian school got subsidie, what about other religion schools?

I don't know why saying Happy holiday is taking anybody freedom away. I don't see a law pass or police mandating you can't say merry Christmas. I am not Christian and all my friends are various religion and non got offended by merry Christmas. I think if people feel like Christmas is Christian celebration may be they could blame it on the business who would like to expand their profit by being inclusive and want everybody to come out and enjoy the holiday by spending lots of money so they try to be inclusive to other believes so they come out and spend too.

If people feel that their freedom to say merry Christmas is threaten then may be they should also consider that the LGBT group freedom to marry and be a family and adopt children are threaten under Pence and also the freedom of women with a choice to their own body are also threaten with this soon new government.

The last time i learn my constitution, the separation of church and state is still intact.

Reaction score

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
They are teaching them their liberal political and moral views also. Yet they won't allow any moral views of Christians to be taught. If no religion then no opposite views should be taught either. If they say go to a Christian school to stay away from their views then they need to allow the Christian schools to be subsidized so all people can afford them. Why should we pay our taxes and have to listen to only their views? Like I said, let the parents teach the values and make teachers stick to the basics.

Are you suggesting that all public schools are staffed by Liberals. Surely sounds like it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Meyer Jordan I could not prove that and I'm sure there are some that are not. I just have seen and heard that there are many teachers in the public schools that teach liberalism. It's obvious to me. Do you not see it?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
@Meyer Jordan I could not prove that and I'm sure there are some that are not. I just have seen and heard that there are many teachers in the public schools that teach liberalism. It's obvious to me. Do you not see it?

I see the reporting? of isolated incidents. I do not see a nation-wide problem. With about 100,000 public schools in this country, these few incidents make up only a small fraction of 1% of the total schools.

Add to this the fact that 31 of the 50 states have Republican administrations. Hard to fathom that public school curricula would be liberal especially in these states.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
BTW,,, I don't see how I romanticized the native history in any way? Unless you are somehow referring to the picture I posted. If so I'd have to say it seems like a pretty reasonable depiction of typical native lifestyle.

I was referring to the caption you had over the picture itself.
It looked like you saw the native culture as one of " tolerance and understanding", and I don't agree with that characterization. I think they were opportunistic humans, like anyone else.

Also, let's keep in mind that I was answering this thread title when I brought up this Christmas topic. If people are surprised at the election results, perhaps they need to recognize that there are a lot of other people that may feel the same way I do.

I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, but we all get one vote each. (Not withstanding that we're in a different country)
I think the overwhelming media bias towards the democrats caused a lot of Trump voters to remain silent right up until they reached the ballot box, which is when it really counts.

So which minority was it being silenced in the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question