Wildlife Pond New Forest

RS1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to put a wildlife pond in my garden. I am in the New Forest conservation area. I wondered if anyone on the forum has any knowledge on whether I would need permission.
I am reluctant to approach the planning department directly for their guidance mainly due to the fact that i know of people who have asked planning on whether they can work on trees in their garden which have no protection order only for someone to come along and place an order on them. So I am not entirely trusting their guidance, but would rather go by others who may have already gone through this process.
Long shot maybe but I hope there someone who can help.
Regards

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome.

I’m afraid that you are going to have to bring this up with your authorities. They know the rules, and if if they say “no,” then you would potentially be breaking the law if you went ahead with the project on your own. It really doesn’t matter what input we, or others have.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1598890647288.gif
and welcome @RS1
I have no clue for you being here is the states.

Ask a Question