wind mills for aeration

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
JW, that is the stink bug we have here. I'm glad to see pics of what you guys have on the east coast, as I've never seen them here. Sounds like I'm lucky! I LOVE windmiills, Sissy, and need to look into that one you posted! How great would that be to have one next to my pond to aerate the pond for free! I sure have enough wind here on my "prairie", nothing to stop it for over a mile, flat land, no trees for a mile! LOL I always wanted a real Aeromotor one, like made in Chicago at the turn of the 1900's, the ones I see in fields around here. There is one I tried to buy, been in middle of field, even has a tree growing up the middle of the tower, branches by the blades, and STILL TURNING! Now, that shows you how well made they were! Anyhow, it is an icon on the property, in the same family for over 100 years, and he can't sell. Don't blame him, but I had to ask anyhow. :) Maybe this other one is more in my price range and I should look into it! Sounds like a possible Christmas gift from my kids. LOL

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
that works country a christmas gift you will enjoy .I saw this guys running and I fell in love and just stopped and asked .He was out in the yard and never hurts to ask and his pond was something to see .I guess I made a new friend too .He and his wife are retired too and were glad to have company .Glad I stopped .He told me it was a gift from his wife that she didn't even know she was giving him LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
That makes it even more special! They have the aeration systems at the local farm stores, but they are far more expensive! I'm going to check this one out and send the site to my kids. Wait, my son is coming for supper, maybe I'll show him when he gets here .... never hurts to do some heavy suggesting. LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Holy cow! Did you look at the original website you listed??? It shows this one for $199 like you said, but the rest are $1,999 and up! I wonder if this is a type! If it's not, I'm getting one for SURE!!! The ones at the farm store are more like $2,000 and up.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nope not a typo and I ordered one he told me he paid 300 dollars and originally and it went onsale awhile after he bought his and it comes with everything you need .I bought the green and yellow one because my house is green and yellow

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I don't get it when you click on the colors now it shows 3000 dollars not sure which is right now but mine said it was 50 dollars extra for colors but the color list there says 3000 dollars not sure which is right I e-mail them to ask

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Haha, I saw the additional charge and was not sure if there was supposed to be a decimal point, but looked like it was $3,250 more, not $32.50 more for the colors! If that's the case, then order the original color, paint it yourself! LOL Easy to paint before you assemble it. Let me know what you find out, as I definitely want to order one for myself, or have my son order it immediately, before they figure out the type and correct it! Thanks for letting us know about this great find ... let us know for sure the real price of the original kit.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Got to have pix when you set it up sissy. If it works great we all may get one!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
never knew they had pond stuff tornado pump 3100 gph 199. and uses 65 watts of power .33 foot power cord and 3 year warranty not so bad for price .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Funny. You can get the 12' model, garden type only, no aeration, for $229 on Hay Needle, but if you go to the manufacturer website, it's $329! I sure will use the Hay Needle site to purchase it. The problem I see is the lack of braking ability with the "for ornamental purposes only" windmill. I fear that the top will either come flying off, or the pin that's hopefully holding it in place will wear thin and break often. The larger models by Outdoor Solutions have the braking assembly, but are $1,000 more for the same size. :-( Still thinking .... wish I would have gone ahead and ordered one year and a half ago, when you first found that site, Sissy.

Ask a Question