sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh but could be why they canceled my order they could not get the other one with the air pump and stuff with it like the one I originally bought .I found a sight also for 289 dollars for a 20 ft one

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Kotulas.com has some nice stuff but you can also check out next tag and also northern tool

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Kotulas.com has some nice stuff but you can also check out next tag and also northern tool

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I saw those other companies, too, Sissy. At this point, I'm still pondering. Wondering if I want to spend the extra $1000 now, and have a windmill that will never rust and with a brake on the fan head, or go cheaper with the galvanized steel, paint it, and hope for the best. Decisions decisions .... I'd like to have bigger than 8', 12' would be wonderful, but harder to maintain. The good thing about the aluminum ones is that they sounds like they are put together to last through lots of wind. I've e-mailed that company, asking about their "garden" windmills, that don't have the air/water pump motor, if without the brake they will survive my open prairie winds. I'll let you know what they say with their response! My son said a windmill would never last here unless it had a brake to keep it from going too fast. I will appreciate honesty, and hope they give it!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had an 8 ft one and with the winds we get here it twisted the frame and pulled the anchors out of the ground and broke 4 of the blades off .The first year I put it up too .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I had what I thought was a nice 8' one, too. Boss got it for me for my birthday one year. It fell over too many times initially, partly because of the wind, partly because the nuts and bolts kept vibrating loose and falling out, causing the frame to be weak. But, even knowing what I know now (I should have replaced all the washers and nuts with lock washers/nuts, and should have secured it to the ground with concrete blocks at minimum ...), I'm not sure without the brake it will last more than a few years. So, do you spend $250 for a few years, or $1200 for a lifetime? My original goal was to get a huge one, like the old Aermotor ones. And, when I found one in perfect shape, working beautifully, in the middle of a field, tree growing up the center, I figured I could surely buy that from the owner. But, that was a no-go. The guy said he inherited the property, and it just would not be right to sell the windmill off. Said it's been there since he was a little kid, and he got the property from his grandpa when he died. So, the price of the brand new 12' aluminum is probably what I would have had in that old Aermotor, by the time I got it moved and set back up, and this one would be new, although much shorter/smaller. Decisions decisions ....

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
have you checked craigslist and if you use nextag comparison or one of the compare sights I found ones in the 800 to 2000 dollar range that have brakes and are made to supply some electric .I even found one that had an aerator but it was higher in price .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
even bass pro shop sells a wooden one with a aerator but over 2000 dollars.Check out shop .com if you buy throught them you get money back my son uses them and forgot about it until he mentioned it .I am gonna check there pond stuff out now

Ask a Question