Winter pictures 2013

Reaction score
The first eleven years that we lived up here our water source was from a spring. We were a family of four and never had an issue of running out of water. Then when we put a double wide on a full basement we needed to drill a well to get a loan. We drilled the well up above the spring and went down 120 ft. Our water is really good but we have hard water, which isn't that big of deal to me. This spring we will have lived up here 21 years. Since we have drilled our well other then the two years that we had a really dry summer the water runs out of the top of the well casing when we aren't using much water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Mitch, around here, to "pull a pump" it's a matter of pulling the water line straight up. On a 450' deep well, I have no idea how to do that, though. The line comes all the way to the surface, although not sure how you disconnect it from the water line to the house, which is 3' down in the ground. I know my ex husband had to do that to replace a pump once, which was at the end of the water line down in the well. Also, with private wells, you're not hooked up with any other household, so whatever you do affects only your house. Can't imagine having water lines 8' down! Wow, but sure understand due to your super cold temps.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
when I pulled ours we took it clean across our property and across neighbors property .You just have to be careful of the electric lines that are clamped to the hose

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well after reading all this, think we will just keep filtering the water A little dirt never hurt anybody. Neither of us gets sick so something is working right.

Our water is extremely soft and acidic, runs through shale. ph of around 5.4 to 5.5 very soft. I buffer up our pond water with oyster shells, 100 lbs put in every spring, gets the pond up to around 100.

55 yesterday, while walking the pup found flowers blooming! We are dropping in temps again after rain today, 50 or so, down to 30's tomorrow then snow maybe on thursday.

creeping phlox and of course a dandelion

DSC06696.JPGDSC06697.JPG

And my little baby can't miss a new photo of her.............

DSC06693.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
missy has freckles the close up shows them good :cheerful: I was out before and flowers like that blooming here too .Buds on the trees look like they want to break open

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I noticed her pretty freckles also. Kinda like the beautiful patterns on some snakes. I know you will appreciate me comparing her coat to a snake as I know you love snakes addy :biggrin:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought she was more white and was surprised by that pic and thought it was another dog :cheerful: :cheerful:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are watching her color change, yep and do love snakes, think they are neat critters...............spiders like to watch them, but keep them off me. Hate running into a web.

This was when we got her 4 months old
DSC05879.JPG

one of her fav toys, she picks a different one to be the best, then wants us to chase her while she carries it and shakes it in her death grip. We put pillows at the end of both pieces of couch so she would not be jumping down onto the wood floor and slipping.

DSC06700.JPGDSC06702.JPG

I wish it would get cold and stay cold sissy, these plants should not be flowering

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have to do the same with my chi.'s they think they will not get hurt .So have to cushion it and put a non slip rug under the pillows .Missy needs a mrs's or a mr to play with .When I got puddles pee wee was getting lazy .He still is lazy but puddles has the devil in him and gets pee wee going some of the times .He even gets the king going

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
She gets a 3-4 mile walk every day, chased in the house, barks and attacks the squirrels through the windows, so far tons of work outs. The lady was selling a little boy she had from missy parents, we resisted! Same coloring except some bigger black spots.

Ask a Question