sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
we got really heavy rains last night stock tanks are at the top and over flowing .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well since the heading says Winter pix 2013 I guess I can technically post this one from Jan.2013 right? We usually get our coldest snowy times in Jan or Feb. Did not get much this year so far.
Jan 2013

and Dec.2013............that's all folks till maybe next Happy New Year

Dec 2013
IMG_5340.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That is really a cool idea Neo on the tom cages
The ice is really pretty on those trees. Nature makes some nice artwork and it's all free

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
MitchM said:
Beautiful pics, JB!

CE, how deep are your wells? 3 is a lot to look after.
I'm not positive on any of them, Mitch. One is for the horse water trough, and has 2 large 6" thick pieces of concrete on top, with very small crack between the two pieces, not wide enough for me to drop anything in there to test depth. One is for the house, and they "capped" it 6' down, with only 6" pipe above the ground, and can't drop anything down there either, it will get tangled with the electric and water lines. And third is covered with a 6" thick piece of concrete with no hole on top! Why do you say it's a lot to look after? I don't do anything with my wells. Well, when I bought the house, I tried to pour bleach down the main well, but thinking the house also pulls for the 3rd well (just behind house) and since I can't treat that one, I had no way to do so. There are 2 water lines coming into the basement, both are turned on to pull water. Not sure how to check which line goes to which well! Guess I could turn on the water, shut one line, and run outside and listen for the pump to be running. Assume pump is in the bottom of each well. :blueflower:
Oh, and all of my wells, like Sissy said, are shallow wells, 3' wide, so probably not more than 50' or so. The ground water level is very close to the surface, as is evident in my barn, which the previous owner dug out the stalls, but never filled them back in, so dug down about 18-24", and water literally stands there year round. Only time it is totally dry is if no moisture for couple of months. I need to backfill them, but have not gotten to that project. LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
JB, I see your must be a professional photographer, spotted your name on the first photo! Wondered, as your pics are just outstanding! MT, loved that last pic, with the sun shining on it. And, Neo, beautiful ice pics. We had ice storm couple of years ago, and it caused lots of havoc, but it certainly made for some unbelievably beautiful pics.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow how neat CE, just beautiful!

Here is a little Christmas video for you all.................of course of my favorite "daughter" The people I met while walking our neighborhood, a mile away, are the ones that are going to help me with the bees. They have been doing bees for 18 years I took some bee stuff over to them I made for them and bought for their hives. Purged our freezers of all sorts of carb and too much sugar foods (they have 5 sons, the kids loved the food) Sort of christmas pressie for them and lil missy went crazy..............

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
love the way she looks up at everyone for conformation that she is protecting everyone from that terrible train

Ask a Question