winterizing pond plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
micaaronfl76 said:
Ok i was finally able to get around to photographing my plants. i know to cut back the lilies and the pennywort to a nub, which i did last year, but the cattail, the tall plants by the deck the grasses etc....

BTW addy is that a water forget me not in the waterfall? i am not sure if that is what u sent me. Is so for winter do i put in the main pond and cut back?
Hey, Micaaronfl76, I was looking back on your plants, and the tall plant next to the bridge looks to be a Thalia. If so, there are different type of this plant. I think some are hardy, will come back, and some are not. I had a red stemmed one, and it did not come back, but I was told it was not hardy in my 6a zone. But, must have had a green stemmed one in another group of plants, and it came back last year, but not this past year. Go figure .... Maybe I messed with the area too much this spring, and messed up the root system.
And, I think you have irises in there, but they will be fine where they are. They can freeze and will come back! Good luck with all your plants!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have a beautiful Canna Lily that is planted in the submerged basket in my pond....we are in Zone 9. What should I do with the Canna now? It has been in the 30's for the last few nights but then sunny and in the 40's- 80's (YES, 80! yesterday).....

Ask a Question