Working on railing...

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
They have a local club here but I also don't have the time to go, so I never joined. It's more fun to learn on your own. Most of mine stay outside with the exception of my houseplants that I mess around with. I'm also fortunate to have a nursery that sells conifer seedlings and transplants close by that I can get for $.75-$3 a tree in bulk to play around with. Last year I ordered from them for he first time. All come bare root so I wasn't ready fully to plant them all successfully but this year I have enough basic plant pots on hand to plant them all and then train as time permits. Yeah, I have enough space it will take me years to fill in my yard, always felt a smaller yard would take less time to fill but be more challenging in deciding what to put in it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love your deck! I have wisteria it is on a back fence, so it can do what it wants.

Reaction score
They have a local club here but I also don't have the time to go, so I never joined. It's more fun to learn on your own. Most of mine stay outside with the exception of my houseplants that I mess around with. I'm also fortunate to have a nursery that sells conifer seedlings and transplants close by that I can get for $.75-$3 a tree in bulk to play around with. Last year I ordered from them for he first time. All come bare root so I wasn't ready fully to plant them all successfully but this year I have enough basic plant pots on hand to plant them all and then train as time permits. Yeah, I have enough space it will take me years to fill in my yard, always felt a smaller yard would take less time to fill but be more challenging in deciding what to put in it.
That's awesome to have access to deals like that. The small space is tough indeed I move stuff around a lot lol but easier to create an intimate space when it's not huge. Would love to see some of your trees sometime :)

Reaction score
Love your deck! I have wisteria it is on a back fence, so it can do what it wants.
Thanks Addy :) yes wisteria can be wild ... But wow it smells amazing and looks cool as bonsai... Wish that one was mine.. I have two in training now,
image.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Really pretty pic ZZ and how long will the blooms last on those. Mine has never bloomed yet.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I like the copper pipe idea incorporated as the railing. With a slight acid wash you could get that green patina in no time. Very purty.

The wisteria is gorgeous. I've always loved it, but simply don't have room. It's biennial, isn't it?

Watch out for crackheads that rip out copper pipe to feed the pipe. LOL

Reaction score
I like the copper pipe idea incorporated as the railing. With a slight acid wash you could get that green patina in no time. Very purty.

The wisteria is gorgeous. I've always loved it, but simply don't have room. It's biennial, isn't it?

Watch out for crackheads that rip out copper pipe to feed the pipe. LOL
LoL yeah I already figured new security lights this year... And it's sad what they will do for a dollar. Yes wisteria is biennial and ph/soil/pruning plays a big part on blooms ;)

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Hey, when you turn in for the night, you could hook up the copper pipe to the 110V outlet, now THAT'S security. Might even get lucky and end up frying yourself a raccoon.

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
That's awesome to have access to deals like that. The small space is tough indeed I move stuff around a lot lol but easier to create an intimate space when it's not huge. Would love to see some of your trees sometime :)
LOL When I get the time to further style many, I will be happy to post them. Your work is very nice though. I feel a small space would almost be more fun because you can complete it sooner, my lot is just over 16,000 sq feet on a corner so I will be working on it for many years to come before I even fill all the space. But aside from weeding (when I have time) that is the fun part.

Reaction score
LOL When I get the time to further style many, I will be happy to post them. Your work is very nice though. I feel a small space would almost be more fun because you can complete it sooner, my lot is just over 16,000 sq feet on a corner so I will be working on it for many years to come before I even fill all the space. But aside from weeding (when I have time) that is the fun part.
Thanks :) it's such a fun project ... A never ending one ;) yes you have your hands full but wow it's so worth it!!

Ask a Question