sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was from Berwick and Benton area and they used lots of rocks to build foundations there and my parents house which is a 2 over 2 still stands with it's basement that was used as a root cellar .My Uncle Ivan Fritze family built the house back in the 18 hundreds .Uncle Ivan gave the house land and barn to my mom and dad before I was born and mom and dad had planned on retiring there .But things happen .We used to go up for our vacations to spend time with family .Dad built a water wheel from wood from trees on the property and a pond and a fireplace from the rocks on the property .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
I was from Berwick and Benton area and they used lots of rocks to build foundations there and my parents house which is a 2 over 2 still stands with it's basement that was used as a root cellar .My Uncle Ivan Fritze family built the house back in the 18 hundreds .Uncle Ivan gave the house land and barn to my mom and dad before I was born and mom and dad had planned on retiring there .But things happen .We used to go up for our vacations to spend time with family .Dad built a water wheel from wood from trees on the property and a pond and a fireplace from the rocks on the property .
I guess that's were your love for ponds started. Sounds like a beautiful place. Do you go back to visit the property? My grandfather kept aquariums and I followed. now I have a 125 gal discus and a 75 gal angel fish tank. My son recently started keeping tropical fish. I built the pond in an effort to do something with my step son. Now 4 years later my grand kids come over and love checking out the fish and frogs.... a little off topic

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My dad and I built a pond on our farm in NJ also .I have not been back to the PA house since they past away and that was when I was pregnant with my son and that was 1986 .Wyatt is my great grandchild and loves coming over to nanny and poppys
100_8978.JPG
100_8980.JPG

Ask a Question