Yard Sale / Curb Finds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love a good yard sale and have been very lucky. I bought plastic pond very cheap at one, at another I picked up 10 gallon tank for $3. At goodwill I found a old ornament for a fishbowl $1. I looked it up on ebay and can not believe how much some of the old fish tank ornaments sell for. Driving to my dentist one day a 55 gallon tank was sitting curb side with free sign, gave that to a friend. What great finds have you made ?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I bought a preformed with laguna pumps in it and aerator still in the boxes at the flea market and it had a plastic water fall stream .I was thinking of making it a plant filter for the pond but now not sure i want to do that work .It was all 5 dollars .Even metal planters also .I love a great bargain and congrats on yours .I even posted it on here because I could not believe my find .I also found a whole box of reptile decorations and used them for my pond all free .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
When I first got into ponding, I found a preformed liner for cheap at a rummage sale and bought it. Seemed like a good deal, but I ended up never using it, so it wasn't that great of a deal, I guess. I went with a flexible liner instead.

I don't go to rummage sales often anymore. My grandma's subdivision used to have a big one every year, the first Saturday in June. It was a lot of fun going to when I was a kid. The whole family would show up and walk around. My aunt, who lives in the same subdivision, would have a rummage sale every year and we'd always visit the night before to hang out and help set up. It was always a lot of fun. Unfortunately, over the past 10 years or so, people stopped participating. It went from at least 30 houses participating to around 4 or 5. They cancelled it this year for the first time ever. Coincidentally, it would actually be tomorrow if they still had it.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Omg this is perfect! I bought 2 loveseats, 2 chairs with all the cushions and a table for 100 yesterday. Took out the table and now I have this... Wooooohooooo
2017-06-01 18.54.12.jpg
2017-06-01 18.54.19.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Traditions go away with time and even some of the flea markets are going away .I used to love englishtown and columbus flea markets in NJ ,but my brother said even those are not as big as they used to be .This year the memorial day one up in hillsville va was cancelled because of flooding rains .It was the whole town

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It is fun to find a bargain .What is trash is new again .2 after I sprayed them a bright color .Colleen is an inspiration .I decided it would brighten my world
100_7761.JPG
100_7870.JPG
100_7847.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can not believe Englishtown is still around , I went there once about 45 years ago.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I go there every time I am up in NJ ..My son works for king high towing up there .I used to live in Edison Nj right off route 1 Colleens bright colors made me decide to try those colors T .And T I am having a snack ,your all time favorite food brussel sprouts ;)YUMMY

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My nephew needed money, so I hired him to do some clean up in the yard. He does not understand patina, the fountain was covered in moss. When I came home I almost cried, he used bleach and a scrub brush to clean off the moss. I could not say anything he was so proud how white he got it.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I go there every time I am up in NJ ..My son works for king high towing up there .I used to live in Edison Nj right off route 1 Colleens bright colors made me decide to try those colors T .And T I am having a snack ,your all time favorite food brussel sprouts ;)YUMMY
:yuck::facepalm::spitoutdummy::sick::censored::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:

And Nyboy I like the bird bath!

Ask a Question