Yet another Hyacinth Question

Reaction score
Country
United States
In the last week my original one hyacinth plant has really grown. I would love to place some of the plants in other areas of the pond (Specifically looking to hide the pump). My question is do the plants divide on their own or do I need to cut/separate them. It seems like I could just cut them apart but I don't want to hurt the plants. I attached a picture with a red circle where I think I should cut them. Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• Hyacinth.jpg
    Hyacinth.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 244

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Break the stem that joins the plants and move them where you want or just wait 2 days and they will spread to wherever you want. Lol.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks! I cut a few of the plants off and placed them around the pond.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
About a year ago another member mentioned that they noticed their WH did better when it was left where the plants where all close together. Don't know if that's a universal "thing" or just so in this one pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
As soon has a new offset plant has a few roots beginning to show it can be nipped off the parent plant

Ask a Question