j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's a wonderful story w/ a happy ending CE................I do like the ones w/ the happy endings! I wanted to click the like on your story but I ran out of likes from liking a bunch of the pet ones before yours. I wanted to like others too but will have to wait till tomorrow when I am allowed more likes :rolleyes:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well what's really weird CE is that I just tried to like some more on the first page that I forgot to like when you started this thread and it only allowed me to do 2 likes and then said I reached my limit for TODAY!!! What's up w/ that? Must have to wait 24 hrs but then how come it let me like 2? Oh well that's life in the big kitty cat!

Here's our lovely Lucy.............she was a feral cat whom I rescued when she showed up w/ kittens at our last home. She went to pet Heaven last summer and must have been over 16yrs old. She was pregnant when she showed up w/ the kittens and had the next litter of 4 and then decided she didn't want them anymore after 2 wks so I had to hand feed and raise them myself. They were hard to give away tho as they thought they were people and I their mother. One guy who took one called me back after a few months and said how this was the neatest cat he'd ever had and wanted to know if I had another one. Sorry mama got fixed after that litter.

Lucyontable2.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Aw, that's sweet! Yes, that would be extremely difficult for you to give away your babies! Like the baby coons, they thought I was their Mama, or at least Sophie did the dirty work, I was their provider. :) But, when I took them in, it was with the full confidence that they would return to the wild, I was simply letting them have a chance at life. I let them go slowly, first just to the front porch, then off the porch, but I followed them. I would call, "Come on babies" and they would come running. I can still picture that! I would let them stay outside all evening after I got home from work, but come dark, they were happy to come inside to sleep. Ellie Mae would hide around the pillows on the porch swing, and growl and play with me like a cat. Jethro was not as people friendly, but he was also fun to watch learn to climb things with his sister. When started staying out all day, and then for overnight, I knew time was coming soon that they would not return. I just always hoped that they moved on to live a full life. Always secretly hoped they would return in the spring with babies of their own. Always kept cat food on the front porch for that purpose, but it never was eaten. Our babies, need to let them move on, fly the nest, but it's hard. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Life constantly changes, we go with the flow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Sebastian is our 5 year old German Shepherd, Sadie is our 7 year old Spring Spaniel, and Emma is my 12 year old cat. She was just diagnosed with mammary cancer an few weeks ago :( And the baby in the pic is Alex, he's one of my twins, they're 3 now.

Attachments

• dogs.jpg
    dogs.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 228
  • emma.jpg
    emma.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 242

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You have two beautiful dogs and a cute little Alex too and I'm sure you're other little fellow is just as sweet. Kitty is sitting pretty there looking like mz queen of the palace as most cats feel they are. Mine do. I'm so sorry tho to hear about Emma's cancer. Is there anything they can do for her?

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Here is our newest "pet". He or she was born yesterday. Of course Mama won't let us close enough to tell yet.
Just another wonderful thing about spring.
photo (45).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thank you! Emma does think she is the queen of the house!! She's very spoiled. Unfortunately there isn't anything they can do for her. The vet said that feline mammory cancer metastasizes so quickly that even if they did surgury it's probably already in other internal organs. She has a fairly large visible tumor. I didn't want to put her through surgury and then have her struggle to fight after recovery because it had spread. They couldn't give a window for how long she will live because it can vary so much so all we can do is watch her signs and put her down when she starts to seem like her quality of life is deminishing. My husband isn't much of a "cat person" so really it's just me and my older daughter who were devastated by the news. My daughter is almost 15, we've had Emma since she was 3 and it was just me and her, she really took the news hard.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Our pets are of our children and raising them is the biggest joy ever and they keeps us young and it makes us happy and sad at the same time .I came to the conclusion that pets give more love than they get if thats possible ,since they are spoiled rotten .They rule our world with love and loyalty .I could not live without a pet to love and I think almost everyone agrees with that here .Looking at all the pics and seeing all the sad and happy stories here .I always hope for more happy .

Ask a Question