Your pet pictures

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CountryEscape, Feb 5, 2012.

1. CountryEscape

CountryEscape

I thought it would be fun if others wanted to share their pet pictures, since most of us are not able to enjoy our koi/goldfish ponds during the winter.
    Here's a picture of my little brindle Boston Terrier, Denali. We were playing the game "I put the toys away, she gets them out" yesterday. I was trying to vacuum, and I put them away 3 times. In fact, at first, I put the bucket with the toys in it on the table next to the couch. She would reach in, get out a toy, drop it on the floor in front of the couch, and repeat. Pretty soon she had all the unstuffed toys (some bought that way, others she "made" that way!) in a pile in front of the couch. LOL
    I call her my 2 year old, having to have ALL the toys out at the same time. :) I apologize for the small size, as it was taken with my cell phone.
    Denali and toys.jpg
    OK, looking forward to more pet pictures from others.

CountryEscape, Feb 5, 2012
    j.w likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. CountryEscape

mrsclem mrsclem

Our kittens we adopted 6 months ago, Domino & Diego and our big boy Boo.
    The tail & leg sticking out from under the neighbors shed belongs to Abercrombie, our outdoor kitty. Would love to be able to photoshop a ruby slipper to that one.

Attached Files:

mrsclem, Feb 5, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. CountryEscape

sissy sissy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look at the toys spoiled rotten and they all unstuff toys they think it's fun to get to the sqeecky inside.The deer I call her apple because she still my apples and I know it is her because she has a black spot on her side .

sissy, Feb 5, 2012
  4. CountryEscape

sissy sissy

Mrsclem loved that kitty under there and yep would be neat with ruby red slipper

sissy, Feb 5, 2012
  5. CountryEscape

CountryEscape

So nice of you to also have wildlife pets, Sissy! And, that horse on your chair .... LOL Is that a Great Dane? He/she is HUGE! Love your koi pics, too.
    Mrs. Clem, someone will probably photoshop that pic for you and repost it with the ruby red slipper. :)

6. CountryEscape

mrsclem mrsclem

Sissy, we haveb deer in our yard but not considered pets- more like pests! This one we call brokeback as she fell into a brushpile 2 years ago in the big snow and managed to survive. She had twin fawns last year.

Attached Files:

• 038.JPG
      038.JPG
      File size:
      95.5 KB
      Views:
    mrsclem, Feb 5, 2012
  7. CountryEscape

sissy sissy

The horse sitting on the chair is called Herschel and he is a male great dane I babysit for while his mom and dad are at work so he does not destroy things in there house because he is bored .He sits on the chair like that for hours and looks at the window .Thats my big ham koi aggie and the horse are cinnamon stick and scuttlebutt and my King Arthur and my Pee Wee.I love the wildlife as long as they behave themselves .We get a lot of twins here and they say that is because they are fed well .I guess the deer corn helps

sissy, Feb 5, 2012
  8. CountryEscape

CountryEscape

Mrs. Clem, that deers face looks mottled, if it is, that's really pretty! Looks like she has a broken back in the pic, and a nasty cut or scar near the bump as well. Yes, deer can sure be pests. If a person could keep them away from apple trees until the owner got what they wanted, they sure do a great job of cleaning up the waste and rotten apples after that! I have 2 new apple trees, fully hope to feed deer in years to come, if they survive and make apples, that is. :) But, since I live in the wide open, it's highly unlikely I will have to worry about them stealing them. We shall see.
    Sissy, how nice of you to babysit that "horse". LOL I have friends who show Danes, and I think they presently have 5 in their house. I can't even imagine ....

9. CountryEscape

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and of course the wild "pets"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the fish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

addy1, Feb 5, 2012
  10. CountryEscape

CountryEscape

Here is one of my horses, Sydney. She's a Paint Horse.
    Sydney.jpg
    This is Smokey, a beagle someone dumped 2 years ago, I and other neighbor "adopted" him, had him neutered, best dog ever! He now is my Boston's best buddy.
    Smokey taking a nap on deck.JPG
    Hilda, one of my 5 outside cats. She and the others have kept any possible mice population at zero. I have never seen even one mouse since I moved here 2.5 years ago.
    Lazy Hilda.jpg
    And, my indoor cats - Tarzan, the cat that acts like a dog, and Grace, my daughter's cat ... well my cat now since daughter moved to UT and decided against taking her along.
    Tarzan and Grace on guard.JPG

11. CountryEscape

mrsclem mrsclem

Country- She is not mottled- it's the scars from her fall. I saw her go down but with 5' of snow I could not get to her. She had broken ribs and a lot of wounds plus the back damage but still can get around, walking only. We had 19 deer in the yard at the time.

mrsclem, Feb 5, 2012
  12. CountryEscape

CountryEscape

OMG, then she is quite the survivor! Her face looks like it has white and tan and light brown coloring, that's why I asked if it was "mottled", showing all those colors. :) Must be the shade she was standing in. Very special doe for sure. Nice she brought her twins to show you last year.

13. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

Spooky and Boo love the snow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

j.w, Feb 5, 2012
  14. CountryEscape

CountryEscape

Watch out, JW, looks like they are getting ready to throw snowballs at you! How funny. :)

15. CountryEscape

CliffandJoann

my love bird 'cry baby'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

we also have a canary...Diego

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CliffandJoann, Feb 5, 2012
  16. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

Love seeing all you guy's pets! Country you should take a video of your dog and his toy box funnies!
    I've had a number of cats in my lifetime but these two are the first that ever loved the snow this much!

j.w, Feb 5, 2012
  17. CountryEscape

sissy sissy

well at least you don't have to worry about loosing your cats in the snow and love addy's little braveheart sleepy head .Wow talk about spoiled birds thats some fancy cage .That dog just looks to relaxed and love that horse .Herschel just went to the vet last week and I'm afraid he is a tad bit over weight ,not my fault .

sissy, Feb 5, 2012
  18. CountryEscape

CountryEscape

Joann those are very pretty birds, and I agree with Sissy, gorgeous cages! I'm more apt to call those palaces than cages! Are your birds people friends, or do you just put food in the palace when it's time for the canary to go back? I've never known of anyone to have a canary that they let out of the cage. :)

CountryEscape, Feb 6, 2012
  19. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

Very nice looking birdies! I never have heard of a canary let out either but it's neat that it's so tame that it will stick around and go back in when it wants to. Beautiful cages!
    Addy's pup is sooooooooooooo cute but a fierce little protector under that cute costume!
    Sissy I guess it's time for the low carb diet for Herschel,lol!
    My one cat Spooky is so fat. I try to feed her small amts but she's just a hugo! I don't think she's active enough but she goes outside but can't leave our 1 acre anymore cuz of the cat fence. She was dining on our neighbors birds!

[​IMG]

j.w, Feb 6, 2012
  20. CountryEscape

CliffandJoann

Glad you ladies like our cages, we made them. I wanted them to look like furniture and also wanted full glass
    fronts so that we could view them better. The love bird prefers to stay in the cage, unless we're in the room
    then she'll hop on our shoulder and happily stay there...as soon as we knock her off our shoulder she flies back into
    her cage.

The canary loves being out, he loves flying all over singing his head off..., I just have to be carefull and make
    sure the ceiling fans aren't on...also I kick them both out of their houses to clean the cages.
    The exercise is good for them...the canary will stay out for a couple of hours, we entice him back with snacks.

[​IMG]

CliffandJoann, Feb 6, 2012
    pondlover and j.w like this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question