2 Types of DIY Bog filters - 12 inches of pea gravel or 3 foot of large medium small rocks?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Aquascape - Aquabasin geotextile micro grid 4' x4'. (product # 87031).
( https://aquascapecanada.ca/products/aquascape-woven-microgrid-geotextile-4-x-4 )
It's intended use was for the AquaBasin. It states "allows basin to be installed with small pebbles or gravel, prevents small gravel and debris from entering the AquaBasin ). I'll be cutting mine in half to lay over the snorkel and layer of river rock to keep pebbles out of the slots in the snorkel. My bog will be 8ft. It does come on an 8 foot roll on the but you have to buy the whole roll @ $3K+. I may also use a rigid schedule 40 weeping tile pipe instead of the corrugated one because someone on here mentioned about possible collapse of pipes although they were referring to the manifold with slots being cut deep and close together. I think the corrugated pipe should be ok as they do use it at footings around foundations of houses and they don't collapse with all that soil on top.
On the Nelson video with daughter Mary and Anita, they mention if your bog is deep you can make a false bottom using crates and they mentioned that they sell "mesh".They didn't elaborate. I did email them once and they did reply about using one pump or 2. I chose the Geotextile microgrid because it's made to be used in water outdoors. You can find mesh in the dollar store but I wasn't confident that it would last.
Rose
try this.
https://www.underwaterwarehouse.com...-sediment-screen-for-altum-or-achelous-basin/

Ask a Question