addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pond water is still too cool, sitting between 40 and 48, has dipped under 40 a few times recently. Great that your is getting going! I want to get mine running, but honey keeps saying no no no............. we can still get smacked, I don't think so.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Too cold here still also.......................wish it worked that way for people, that we didn't have to eat when temps were under 50F..........maybe I could lose some weight,lol!
My fish are all on the surface today wishing and hoping for warm feeding weather...........they must remember the good ole days when they could eat!

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Lol :beer: It sure was nice out yesterday
we got a few highs in the 70s coming this week
I'm ready & the fish are almost

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, I dream yet of temps in the 70's! I have been waffling back and forth since yesterday about do I or don't I get waterfall and fountain started back up. I think I'm going to go for it. I figure if I put it on a timer and only run it during the day, the water circulating on the waterfall and fountain will actually warm the pond since the air temps are going to be in 40's and 50 this week. If I don't run it at night, it won't chill it again at night as quick. Does it work that way, or am I wrong in thinking that way? I know others only run their water during the day, but once the temps are stabilized, I will run my 24/7, just wondering about now with the colder temps.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
48 today, 62 by thusday back to 46 on sunday................ My two lim dragon pumps are on their way from arizona, as soon as they get here I am going to plump one in and get the pond running. They have a higher gph flow then the one I have been using. Those pumps were just too expensive to give away, so paying to ship them across country.

I may do as you are saying country, timer run it just during the day, our nights are 24 slowly climbing up to 40ish by the end of the week, then back into the 20's.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well we got 6 inches of snow yesterday and it is 50 degrees today and my son had to take the pump back to lowes and they gave him a new one ,poor guy was confused when he had to rehook all the hoses ,but he got it right .He had no clue what happened but it would not run and he checked the circuit breaker and found nothing .So he got the receipt out of my desk with the warranty and he said they did not ask him anything just gave him a new one .Now making me wonder about the new pumps they have at lowes

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes sissy even tho they give you a full warranty on return, it would still be a big hassle to have to undo everything all the time to take it back and get a new one. If it happens again you might be able to get your money back. Your time and gas money is worth something.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Got this add on for Firefox and puts my weather up on top or bottom of page so I can see the lo/high and now temps for the day and lots of other goodies to do w/ our weather. Says right now is 37F. Cool and does not take up any room at all. Just type in the city/state where you live and choose your settings. You can move it to the bottom of the page or the top of your page. I like it on top. Check it out for those of you who use Firefox:

https://addons.mozil...astfox-weather/

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thing is that the pump has a switch on it that my son did not know of that turns the pump off in low water conditions and not sure if it was just that ,.My son did not want to call and worry me about it and he tried to handle it himself .So I really have no clue if it could have been something as simple as that ,but can't blame him since he did not know and can't blame the pump either ,since I really don't know .He said the water height was fine ,but it could have just been a minor glitch in the pump .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have the same on mine also jw shows time date temp and weather warnings .

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I limed all my beds 6 weeks ago and fertilized them today
Hoping the plants pop out of the ground running
I know i'm rushing it a little we always have a Easter COLD SNAP

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the snow comes the snow goes .Last night we had snow tonight none left

Attachments

• ditch,2012pics ,snow 094.JPG
    ditch,2012pics ,snow 094.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 236
  • ditch,2012pics ,snow 105.JPG
    ditch,2012pics ,snow 105.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 206

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well that is the best snow, pretty, nice look, then poof gone!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
true and I made it back home before the snow got bad and my son had brought the dogs back home 2 hours before i made it home

Ask a Question