sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Never been on a cruise and can't imagine being trapped on ship for any amount of time .Thing is these countries cruise ships visit just want the money and don't care what the ships do while they are in port

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I've read about similar efforts in the past, unfortunately recycling also creates other waste by products. The article showcases a sneaker from a major manufacturer, which is good to see, but I'm sure it costs quite a bit more to make than a comparable shoe. Manufacturers need to invest more in eco friendly solutions and consumers need to realize these solutions will cost more and willing to pay more. Remember when you last paid for a $200 pair of shoes? My dad did, but he wore it for 20 years and had it resoled several times. Many things today from clothes, furniture and electronics have become way too disposable.

I use to get 40-60$ boots every year or less would alway tear them up and I am not even in construction or the sort. This is the first time i splurged on boots$250 I hope to get a few years out of them. Prior to this i couldn't fathom spending more then 75$ on a pair of work boots,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your feet are the foundation for your whole body. Cheap badly made shoes destroy your feet. You will pay dearly in later life for cheap shoes.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I needed some working type boots while we were in Arizona, went to wally world spent 27 bucks, they are best I have ever worn! And I have spent money on shoes and boots.

On my second year wearing them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Friend who is a hair stylist is her her feet all day, she turned me on to dansko, all I wear at work now https://www.dansko.com/

those look perfect for my dad, who is now wearing really bad shoes, despite having feet problems as a diabetic.
Did order online? are they true to size? weight? sorry lots of questions

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wore work boots for work 6 days a week and when I was off wore cheap shoes and grew up either barefoot or cheap shoes and I survived intact .Also drank from a garden hose .Ate from the garden with out washing fruit or veggies .To this day still go barefoot when I am home .64 years old no big health problems and take no meds .No high blood pressure and hardly ever see a doctor .I have never owned a pair of high dollar shoes .Just like clothes that people swear by the name .I don't care and never did about a name brand .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
those look perfect for my dad, who is now wearing really bad shoes, despite having feet problems as a diabetic.
Did order online? are they true to size? weight? sorry lots of questions
I know your in NJ my mom was diabetic with bad foot problems. There is the most amazing foot Dr in Port Chester NY she is about 10 minutes from Tappen Zee Bridge I ordered by phone the saleperson was very helpful

Ask a Question