j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very cute and funny but how would you like to have to do the repair work? :joyful:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's why I said nightmare. Bears are the one animal above all else imo that can be the cute cuddly teddy bear at any size yet can become frightening beyond comprehension in the blink of an eye.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We've had a sudden influx of bear sightings in our area - problem a dozen in the last 4-6 weeks have been reported and lots of sightings on trail cams and even ring cameras. Although truth be told, many believe it's the same bear just wandering around. There are theories that the wildfires to the north are driving them south. But one person did report that he THINKS a bear passed through his property - bird feeders were destroyed, garbage cans all dumped and sifted through, and his koi pond was emptied of 30 full grown fish overnight.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Bears can eat a lot but I have watched a few grizzleys George them selves on kills and 30 even 20 inch koi is a lot of food. This one grizz was munching on a buffalo he had just killed in yellow stone . Hell of a story. But even he couldn't finish a whole leg in one sitting. And when food is that abundant they usually eat the bellies and ignore the head and tail.
Maybe Moma bear with three cubs a sight to see.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
What a great video though...I never would have thought a bear would or could act that way while cooling off in water. It is very funny as long as it wasn't my pond since all of my plants would have been ruined:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Bears can eat a lot but I have watched a few grizzleys George them selves on kills and 30 even 20 inch koi is a lot of food. This one grizz was munching on a buffalo he had just killed in yellow stone . Hell of a story. But even he couldn't finish a whole leg in one sitting. And when food is that abundant they usually eat the bellies and ignore the head and tail.
Maybe Moma bear with three cubs a sight to see

I never take any sighting of interactions with wildlife for granted....They are all special to me. You were so lucky to experience the raw beauty of nature.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If that happened to me right now two weeks out from Greg Whitstock coming out I would absolutely snap.

Though if I got some high resolution photos of the event I may give him a pass.
Make it Moma bear and a couple cubs playing in the water. Let me shoot the antics from my new window looking out at the pond and I'd simply rebuild. What photos those would be

Saw a Juvenal eagle dive-bombing some blue heron chicks sitting on their nests. Though at 3 feet tall hard to call them chicks.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We have a good number of sandhill cranes that nest around here - very cool to see. the other day someone posted a video of the family - mom dad and two chicks - and said "I THINK THE LITTLE ONES HAVE BROKEN LEGS! WHAT SHOULD I DO??" Dozens of answers - call the police, try to catch them, call the DNR... finally someone said "those are babies. They're just learning how to use their legs... how about you LEAVE THEM ALONE?" People literally think animals cannot survive without their intervention.

Don't even get me started on the annual "I found a baby DEER abandoned! I brought it INSIDE! What should I do NOW?" I suppose you might as well cook it for dinner at this point...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I sometimes pushed that raw beauty a little. At those distances even the rangers won't run you off. Anyways while in yellow stone we found a grizz that had just taken down a buffalo The grizzly was a good 200 yards across the prairie. Which even for my 600 mm is a long way. So I grabbed my camera and tripod. Waded across the river no more than 2 feet deep and made it to the other side carrying 20,000 in camera gear. Set up at the stream bed closing the gap 75 yards or so. But when I poked my head up the grizzlies eyes went right on me .
All the while some beatnick was yelling at me the area was off limits read the sign!
I said what sign , walked over to it as it was down stream some 100 feet and it said
CAUTION DANGER GRIZZLY COUNTRY CANT NOT GUARANTEE YOUR SAFETY.

So I yelled back that it didn't say keep out it says in laymen's terms if your dumb enough go ahead !!!!!!!
Sorry tried to download a pic from that event but on the phone it's not happening

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
it's very humbling that he wanted to come check out my build for sure. Looking forward to meeting him i could talk shop with him for weeks.

Ask a Question