A Frog Showed Up!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
ohhhh I wish frogs found my pond (which is in a city) I grow up listen to frogs when it rain. miss them :(

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nepen said:
ohhhh I wish frogs found my pond (which is in a city) I grow up listen to frogs when it rain. miss them :(
Try catching tadpoles in spring and taking care of them until they change, then set them out and see if they stick around. (i'm in the process of that right now)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
JBtheExplorer said:
Try catching tadpoles in spring and taking care of them until they change, then set them out and see if they stick around. (i'm in the process of that right now)
Made a mistake of buying $20 tadpoles off ebay and set them lose in the pond... yummy snack for my fish.. all of them gone in about 5 seconds :grumble:

Reaction score
Nepen said:
Made a mistake of buying $20 tadpoles off ebay and set them lose in the pond... yummy snack for my fish.. all of them gone in about 5 seconds :grumble:
LOL
Buy mealworms next time, they are cheaper snacks for your fish.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fishylove said:
Yay! I like having the frogs around too, just not the huge ones. It seems I have a small turtle in the big pond too! I suspect a friend put him in there, just haven't seen them to ask, but he's cute :)
Only thing I don't have hanging around is Dragonflies. Anyone have suggestions as to how to get and keep them? :)

Dragonflies will come, have grasses, sticks, tall things around the pond they can sit on. I have tons, the first year just a few, now they are everywhere, which is great, very few mosquitoes and bugs, those suckers are hungry.

Ask a Question