A graph of total global sea ice

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Mitch my man I have my deck chair my sun lotion and my sun glasses bring global warming on my friend I'm ready for it
Yes, I read the article that you linked.....and others.
Although these plants are in some stage of construction or planning there is presently no demand for the power that they will produce as China already produces more than is needed. The idea is that the plants may export the generated power but the question is... to whom? All other provinces in China have all the power that they now need or have over built themselves. Since carbon reduction is one of the key points of the Paris Accord and China is a signatory, continued reduction of Carbon is required.

Mitch my man I have my deck chair my sun lotion and my sun glasses bring global warming on my friend I'm ready for it :cool: (y)

Dave

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Meanwhile, China keeps building new coal fired power plants at a rate of 2 per week while the rest of us argue over carbon taxes and credits and environmentally friendly pipelines.
Yes, I read the article that you linked.....and others.
Although these plants are in some stage of construction or planning there is presently no demand for the power that they will produce as China already produces more than is needed. The idea is that the plants may export the generated power but the question is... to whom? All other provinces in China have all the power that they now need or have over built themselves. Since carbon reduction is one of the key points of the Paris Accord and China is a signatory, continued reduction of Carbon is required.

The dichotomy is that China leads the World in solar and wind builds?

What up wit dat?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
The dichotomy is that China leads the World in solar and wind builds?

What up wit dat?

China keeps building coal plants so they can keep their people employed, no different than when they were building their ghost cities.
China has their own debt bubble problem.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent/...host-cities-appeal-to-new-residents-1.3310388

.http://www.reuters.com/article/china-economy-investment-idUSL3N0TA2KP20141120

It's one thing to generate CO2 while accomplishing something productive, it's quite another to accomplish nothing. Once the current permitted coal plants are built, China will move on to building something else no one needs.

Last edited:

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
That's what you could get absent BS bipartisan bickering, but I am not sure that this is true of China

Yup, China (at 45MW) tops even Germany (at 39MW). Like I said, a dichotomy wrapped in an enigma but no bovine excrement.

Ask a Question