A LITTLE INFO ON KOI / GOLDFISH HYBRIDS

Discussion in 'Spawning' started by koiguy1969, Oct 15, 2012.

1. koiguy1969

ZmanArt007 Fish Keeper and Filmmaker

I'm not going to deliberately try and breed my goldfish to my koi, I just keep both so its possible that I could end up with some. I know how interbreeding across the lines of species work. I just find the subjects interesting and would love to have some hybrids in addition to my koi and goldfish.

ZmanArt007, Jul 5, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. koiguy1969

koifan83

This year i had an orfe and tancho sarassa comet have babies in my 4 ft breeding tank. The babies are about two months old and doing well. It was an experiment i tried and to be honest i cant wait to see how they end up.

koifan83, May 23, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. koiguy1969

Dave 54

Welcome to the forum Koifan83 where are you from in the UK my friend?
    Yes I've heard of the Orfe crossed koi before now basically nearly anything out of the cyprinid family can be crossed with koi or goldfish .

Dave

Dave 54, Jun 3, 2015
  4. koiguy1969

ManyFish4Me

Hope some of the people who posted here are still around. I have some Hybrids, they are dark with highlights like yours( LibraKoi ). Mine are 3 this year, and I moved them to a seperate pond to see if they will breed. All are dark, but some look more like goldfish, and others more like Koi. most of the ones thst look more like koi have barbles. But only 1 small set. I read somewhere that koi are suposed to have 2 sets. I know who the parents of mine are. I only had 1 male breeding size fish at the time. He was a huge red and white long fin Goldfish. My only breeding size Female koi was a Yellow Metallic short fin. I saw eggs about 2 months ago. I'm going to clean out pond this weekend ans see if I have any little ones. I will take/post pics

ManyFish4Me, Aug 5, 2015
  5. koiguy1969

Dave 54

Photo' please Manyfish4me we just love them the more the merrier :D

Dave

Dave 54, Aug 6, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question