addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lets use this as the signature gif is figured out, or not lol.

second pic of signature is a drag and drop from here.

Drag and drop from desktop
.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks, addy! You sure earn your Super Boss status!

(and those that don't use anigifs, please weigh in if you see the gif or not!)

The idea here is, IF you use an animated gif in your SIGNATURE, please post it here as there's a test to see who can see them and who cannot. The anigif should be IN your signature, and put it in the post so we know what it's supposed to be.

There is a 'box' to be checked for each member in their settings that says something to the effect; 'allow others to see signatures'. This SHOULD be checkmarked.

Also, IF you use an animated gif, please state where you are pulling the image/url from, i.e. My Media, your desktop, another site, from a post here, from a PM here. Trying to isolate for some sort of pattern.

One last request; if you CAN'T see what you're supposed to, screenshot the siggy in question to show exactly what the forum is putting there. Most of the time, it'll be a broken image symbol and some sort of name/number.

I'll chime in and say; I see addy's siggy trio of monster yorkie defenders. Any others? I'll put my current crop in the post and you should see the same below in the siggy. The more test(s) eyes on this, maybe it'll help explain why some can't and some can. Thanks everyone for helping!

(and no; don't even THINK about calling me re computer technical support; I ain't even on the GPF division of that, so, be warned!)

stmasked2.gif
Brothers-in-Blood-OTG2c-patch-blood-drips---anigif-sml-copy.gif
stninja.gif

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Maybe @Ian if he can would take a look and maybe have an idea?
I mean he is the awesome tech guy in charge of this whole shebang :smuggrin:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Maybe @Ian if he can would take a look and maybe have an idea?
I mean he is the awesome tech guy in charge of this whole shebang :smuggrin:
We are working on stretching our brain cells!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@brokensword do you see @Dimelius 's siggy? I think @Lisak1 needs to get in here too as I can't see hers either!

I want to thank you so very much for starting this thread @addy1
1644089499109.gif

My brain cells have about reached their limit on this issue
1644089412431.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@brokensword do you see @Dimelius 's siggy? I think @Lisak1 needs to get in here too as I can't see hers either!

I want to thank you so very much for starting this thread @addy1 View attachment 147155
My brain cells have about reached their limit on this issue View attachment 147154
ah, ALL SEEING brokensword sees, well, it ALL! Sheesh, tis not me that has any problems, 'kids'!

Trying to get Dime to re-do his siggy the way addy has and then see if the three of you can see them all or just part. I need to look up the Italian word for 'are we there yet?' and send it to Dime...c'mon good squire--the Castle needs yer contribution!

Btw, @j.w , Dime has/had 2 anigifs; the tank and the red badge. I'll check back later when the Focaccia is done...sigh.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's what I can't figure out is why @brokensword can see them all? Do you have them all in your files, I mean all of our siggy pix? I don't..........wait I just noticed something up there in your last post @brokensword I see text that says let's ride! but I don't see any siggy of it or maybe there is only supposed to be text. See what a mean below:

BS sig.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That's what I can't figure out is why @brokensword can see them all? Do you have them all in your files, I mean all of our siggy pix? I don't..........wait I just noticed something up there in your last post @brokensword I see text that says let's ride! but I don't see any siggy of it or maybe there is only supposed to be text. See what a mean below:

View attachment 147158
it's just text, not a gif.

And no, I don't have them in My Media, or on any one post/page. I do have them on my comp, but not connected to the browser, and there's the 4 now on my web page, for test purposes. But that's it.

All-Seeing-BrokenSword; ASB for short. Jeez, I definitely ain't gettin' paid enough...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@brokensword I tried what I think you asked me to do on my siggy but all it shows is the www thing address now.

If I click on the link it then shows my Queen gif.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok so maybe I was supposed to click on that link and then save the queen gif to my computer and try to use it on my siggy? Let me know and I'll try that.

Ask a Question