A test thread for gifs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
OK @brokensword - I'm still seeing two jumping frogs, but my signature only shows one. What am I doing wrong?
you probably still have two in your siggy window; double check that first. Below, I copied the urls from each. The first tells me it's from MY site; you can nix that one now. The second looks like it comes from your post somewhere in this thread. What I'd do is drag one (doesn't matter which) to your desktop. Now you have a copy on your comp. Then, go to your 'Meda', look for Ian's new 'signature' category and click that. Upload the one from your desktop TO this new signature 'pool' of gifs. Alternately, you can make it a personal album, and do it that way. Either way will now give you your gif in what I like to call the GPF Cloud. Now, you then copy the url of the ONE IN YOUR MEDIA, go to your siggy creation window, hit the Picture icon; you should see a box for a url. Paste, click save and you should then have ONLY one and it's stored in yoru Media of your account here. Some posts back, Dime did a visual tutorial but that's for PC peeps. With it, I put the procedure in text, for both PC and Mac people. Let me know if you have any problems.

When you look at your siggy in the siggy creation window, you may not see the 'second' frog/lily but it may be in url form. I thought I lost one of my gifs that way and couldn't figure out where it had gone and yet, I kept seeing two instead of one. It was in text/url form, hence I missed it. Hope this helps.

the first one has this url;

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.swordofshakespeare.com%2FSword_of_Shakespeare%2FMedia%2Ffrog-jumping-from-lily-pad2.gif&hash=b5a02cc24615fb447a9d1f7fd8547383

the second one has this url;

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Here's my signature box - I only see one:

Screen Shot 2022-02-12 at 4.38.10 PM.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
odd that I see two, but I took out everyone's gif from my site, that's probably why you only see the one. Might be a cache for me, but still not thinking I should see the second one. I think you're good to leave as it is, unless others are seeing 2 also. Need other eyes to chime in. And when I note to look at your siggy box, I mean from within your account, go to 'signature' and check there. I bet you have two links, one that works, one that does not. If you copy each url and paste it in a separate browser window, you should see within the text which is which. You want the one that only has 'Garden Pond Forum' inside it. Again, the other WAS the link to the one on my site.
Here's my signature box - I only see one:

View attachment 147583

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
OK... now I removed the one I see in my signature box completely and only have one!

I mean, I don't understand, but it's fixed!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
OK... now I removed the one I see in my signature box completely and only have one!

I mean, I don't understand, but it's fixed!
lol all I see now is a box with a red x

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh good golly .
it might seem silly/ stupid, but I'd c/p your pond text to a document to save it, wipe out everying in your signature by highlighting (the invisible 'thing' might then get erased as desired), then put in a new url from your Media for your gif, then re-paste your pond text below that. IMO, the siggy area is wonky and works on it's own rules/time.

Ask a Question