A test thread for gifs

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
okay, unofficial Official tutorial. Any changes you deem necessary, let me know and can upgrade. There WILL be a fee involved, though...;)

Written instructions first;

Instructions how to place animated gifs into your signature at GPF

For Windows;

Open two browser windows, one with your 'My Media' window within GPF, the other with your signature creation window.

(It's a tab across the top of the forum labeled ’Media’)

Click ‘My Media’, upload your animated gif as a 'personal album'

In the second window showing your signature box, drag the animated gif from one window and drop it on the signature box.

Press save.

For Mac;

Upload the animated gif to your ‘My Media’ storage on GPF.

Copy the new url associated with this animated gif. Right click and select ‘copy image address’.

Open your signature creation window on GPF.

Click the pic icon at top of window, this gives you a url box; paste into this.

Click save.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok so first one I did like @Dimelius said and it worked but like I said when I went back to see my media I could not use that same gif to do it again.

So I just did it that first simple way w/getting it off a post and copy and ctrl v it on to my signature. So both work but the old way works easier for me.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh and I did take it from a post on my showcase when I did the second one.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just tried using the url image link from my media and oh look it does not work. It just shows text! So I'm going rogue here as queen of my self and doing it the old way from a post from my showcase discussion. Cuz the idea I liked was being able to store them all on my media for easy access to switch what I wanted to use anytime and it's not working that way for me. The image grows big once I leave there and when I come back no way to take it off there again.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This is what I see when I go back to my media. See those choices now at the lower rt. Is that something I should be choosing, one of those? Cuz no way that big queen thing works by clicking on that.

my media.png

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
nodding vigorously, yeppers.
How come some of your siggy gifs are not moving. The OTG and the BiB aren't moving. Did you set them up like that for now? You better have...............don't scare the queen like that after................................ all we have been through
1644374822191.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
How come some of your siggy gifs are not moving. The OTG and the BiB aren't moving. Did you set them up like that for now? You better have...............don't scare the queen like that after................................ all we have been through View attachment 147338
aye, it's just text currently. I still have the anigif, though. You can drag the BiB badge in MY siggy to your desktop to get a copy of it, then do as you've done earlier and put it in your Media.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
aye, it's just text currently. I still have the anigif, though. You can drag the BiB badge in MY siggy to your desktop to get a copy of it, then do as you've done earlier and put it in your Media.
btw, you have a broken link to the right of your Queen; is that supposed to be your spacer? Gotta upload same as the others ones.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Must be leftover from the OTG one I accidentally deleted from my media file? Maybe? Will have to see.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Must be leftover from the OTG one I accidentally deleted from my media file? Maybe? Will have to see.
yes, it is; the siggy has a link to something that doesn't exist anymore, hence you have to delete in your siggy window then it will go away.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've created a new section in the gallery for signature gifs, so please upload them there, rather than the "pond" album section - as this means we can keep the sig gifs separate on the forum, yet they'll still work :).

Ask a Question