A "WATERBUG" COMMENT THAT MADE ME SMILE

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
OK, I still haven't learned how to do quotes, so this is a copy-n-paste job.

Do any of you watch the TV sitcom, BIG BANG THEORY? If so, you'll understand. If not, sorry, 'cause this will be totally lost on you. And WATERBUG, my disclaimer is I mean no harm, disrespect, or any other of the typical "disclaimer-speak" stuff. This comment [from earlier in the year, I think?] just made me smile. I like things that make me smile.

So if you know BIG BANG THEORY, this could be Sheldon Cooper speaking instead of WATERBUG :)

.... and I quote:
"On a different subject... I want to thank you. I've always been puzzled by the dynamic of why people post questions, the kinds of answers they get, and how they pick which answers to try. The other day, thanks to this thread and many others across many forums on different subjects over many years, I finally gained an understanding of the social dynamics of forums. I also had just watched The Social Network, which helped too. The details are boring but I did want to say thank you, even if you're only the proxy for all those other posts over the years. This has been very valuable to me. Good luck with your pond."

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
TM just hit that quote button on the bottom left the the one you want to quote, use multiquote if you want to quote more than one write up

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Bazinga, WB!

Over Spring Break, we went to Las Vegas ( to see Cirque Du Soleil shows ). Found a CBS store, and went crazy when we saw the BBT merchandise. I got a "Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty" t-shirt.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ADDY, like that?

yep you did it! and it is bottom right geeez, the multiquote you click that in one post, go to the next you want to quote click it again, then do a click of reply to multiple quotes. They will show in your window to answer.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
TM just hit that quote button on the bottom left the the one you want to quote, use multiquote if you want to quote more than one write up
I had a Ukrainian brother-in-law (now deceased) who was a kid when the Russians were rounding up farm boys for their army during WW II. Any attempts at marching were resulting in pandemonium, as few of the boys knew their right from their left. One seargeant hit upon a way to fix the problem; he had them tie a bundle of hay to the right leg, then a bundle of straw to the left one. Since any farm boy knows the difference, they were soon marching in unison! HAY, STRAW, HAY, STRAW...
Were you a farm girl, Addy? :wink:
John

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Laws of WB:
1) Any advice to newbies must contain the words "worthless" and "trickle tower", but not the instructions to make one.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had a Ukrainian brother-in-law (now deceased) who was a kid when the Russians were rounding up farm boys for their army during WW II. Any attempts at marching were resulting in pandemonium, as few of the boys knew their right from their left. One seargeant hit upon a way to fix the problem; he had them tie a bundle of hay to the right leg, then a bundle of straw to the left one. Since any farm boy knows the difference, they were soon marching in unison! HAY, STRAW, HAY, STRAW...
Were you a farm girl, Addy? :wink:
John

lmao John, no............honey always watches my hands when I tell him which way to turn! I say directions like I spell words, a little dyslexic.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
When I am driving my DH telling me directions...........when ever he says go right or left I go just the opposite as I know what he means but if he ever does get it right then we are really screwed,lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When I am driving my DH telling me directions...........when ever he says go right or left I go just the opposite as I know what he means but if he ever does get it right then we are really screwed,lol!

lol jw, but The one good thing is I don't get us lost! unlike someone else.

Ask a Question