Ahhhh Help

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Hospital tanks can be easily rigged with a trash can that has a liner. Add an airstone and go for the meds as required.
I am not for treating an entire pond until it is deemed necessary. Then it might be best to drain, sterilize and start over depending on the degree of disease and the number of fish infected.

Reaction score
Ok officially its KHV
i looked at the gills and theyre white like cataracts and there is a well im going to call it a hole behind the nose

and now my fancy goldfish are sick they have some lateral line disease ive never seen before. it makes the lateral line red and blotchy and there is a thick white mucus all over the fishes body

Reaction score
and about cleaning im just going to disinfect with a weak bleach solution so that i dont ruin my liner
and then im going to drain it and let it sit for a couple of days to let it dry out

if anyone has a better idea let me know please

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I would like to know who the wholesaler is, you can PM me if you prefer. We both live in the same geographical range of this person.

If you come to Escondido, I'll give you some baby Koi no charge.

Reaction score
I dont talk to the wholesalers that come in. sorry at first we thought it was ammonia poisoning but now i know its KHV
this wholesaler is the one we get the cheap fish from. i guess you get what you pay for
ill be going to San Diego in a couple of weeks more like 3 i could probably stop by on my way back up

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
This wholesaler must be known! They should be notified and the health department informed. The University in San Barbara had their entire collection worth hundreds of thousands of dollars wiped out recentley because of KHV.
There are many collections worth a lot of money that are at risk.
Find out please!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
KHV is always fatal and all infected fish will die. That is why the distributor must be known. Every plant and fish he sells will have KHV.

Reaction score
Ill try to find out. its been at least a month since we got the sick koi in. lots of koi have gone out, goldfish too. i want to make sure that its not something that got into my pond by another animal. (doubt it but want to make sure)
just msged one of my managers to see if the koi are still dying faster than normal.

Ask a Question