Almost Done!!!

Reaction score
Well I think this pond starts in the 30's the first 30 pages are a different pond.lol! But I don't have a filter yet I'm just going to put some filter pads in the bottom of the black box where the waterfall starts

Reaction score
Ah ok lol I was wondering cause i started to look back and noticed a different waterfall :)

So how many fish do you plan to put in with that type of filteration ?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
not if they have babies next year and besides that better than overstocking and loosing a bunch of fish or ending up with a pond headache

Reaction score
Just thinking about your filtration again . Putting some media in the weir , is that really going to cut it if you put some fish in your pond ? I was looking at a waterfall/filter combo but not sure I can source them here in Ireland .

Alternative is to build a skippy type filter and hide that in my waterfall (when I get to build it )

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The major problem I have with the skippy is finding a tank sturdy enough to hold up over time ,seems companies these days are adding a lot of recycled plastic to there products and it seems to make them weaker and that they are making them thinner also .

Reaction score
You would have to probably go with something agricultural (rubber/plastic combo) so it does not go brittle over time.

I am interested if sm's solution works though ...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have one of those now and not cheap either .Even those don't seem as sturdy .I bought one at an estate sale that was a lot older than the new one i bought and you can feel the difference .I will hold the estate sale one in the basement and see if this new one holds up .It better it was 69 dollars oh and the estate sale one was 10 dollars along with 3 buckets and a rubber dish .all for one price

Reaction score
That's why if I made a skimpy type filter I would use a galvanized water trough instead because it should hold up a lot better then plastic.

Reaction score
hmm I think even galvanized would break down in time , plus it might be passing debris (iron based) minerals into the water ? Just a thought ...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh the rubber dish is for cows or goats I'm guessing so if the step on it it will not break .Pretty good sized bowl about 3 feet around and 18 inches deep,my dog thinks it is a cool spot on a hot day with water in it
..a rubber dish ? :)

Ask a Question