Almost Done!!!

Reaction score
Wow, water that flows out of a fire pit! That's a million dollar idea. And here is the opposite idea, fire that shoots out of your pond! Anyone want to make that a reality? Post pics.

The water will flow from underneath the firepit through one of the bricks.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have seen that the fires are getting worse are you still far enough away and also watch for ashes blowing as that can contaminate water .When the fires were here last year I covered my pond with a big tarp

Reaction score
The fires are still far away and two more started today by lightning. But we finally got some rain so I'm very happy with that. And no ash has blown this way.
IMAG1303.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great I was a little worried when i saw on yahoo and then the weather channel that it had spread and there are more fires and did not see you on and remembered you posted a pic of the fire .

Reaction score
Thanks for checking on me! But those fires shouldn't reach me. And they still hide until the sun goes down then they will come out.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I lost one of mine today. It's now in the freezer waiting to go back for a refund. Hoping the other 5 make it. I still don't see them but they must be ok as they didn't float to the top like the other one. They have till July 4th to live or die as that's when the warranty is up. Poor fishy :sad:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My fish like to stay under the bridge when the sun is out maybe the know to much sun causes cancer .Your welcome and just glad everything is A OK .Thats why put up the LED lights so they shine down on the pond and I can enjoy it in the evening .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just got him and his 5 friends a week ago from Petsmart. Guess they don't have the greatest fish but they are in the bathtub pond by themselves in quarantine so they can't give anything to my other fish in case they are sick. The one that died looked perfectly normal. They give ya a 2 week warranty so we'll see if the others make it for another week. Hope so!

Reaction score
I bought some lights for my pond and they only lasted a year :( Not sure of the brand but they were on clearance,bummer. Let me know if you get some and how you like them. Amber

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yep it is a shame sometimes how they tend to there fish ,but see that all over .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I won't put lights in my pond anymore after all the stories I have been reading about in the pond lights .Seems not many of them have good ratings and are really not healthy for the fish ,Thats why I bought those lights that shine down and really they show the fish off better .I never knew just how those lights can shock and kill fish and are really not healthy for them in general .

Ask a Question