Almost Done!!!

Reaction score
It cant have any kind of bad chemicals in it because animals drink out of them. But I would think you should be able to get atleast 20 years out of a rubbermade container.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have several stock tanks i bought at estate auctions and the 300 gallon one had a crack in the bottom and i sealed it with that spray on rubber sealer i got at lowes and it has sealed it for a year now

Reaction score
I've always wondered if that spray stuff works. I have a question for all of you, do you run your pump 24/7 or do you turn it off at night? Because I turn my waterfall off at night and I was thinking of getting a few spitters to leave on at night to keep the water moving.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They only thing is that would kill off your bacteria in your filter .You could put your filter some where else and run a second smaller pump to the filter and turn off the waterfall and bigger pump at night .I think that would save you electricity and keep you from loosing more water to evaporation .But a filter should be run 24/7 .You could put a filter hidden partially in the ground with rocks piled around it and just run the hose from a second pump to the filter .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you have some extra liner can't see why you could not allow that filter to run straight back into the pond .Just make sure it is close enough .

Reaction score
IMAG1298.jpg

IMAG1297.jpg

IMAG1296.jpg

And a cool sunset picture
IMAG1287.jpg

That's the fire that's about 25 miles to the west of me that's about 500 acres and then there is a 17,000 acre fire about 35 miles to the east of me and another 400 acre fire 6 miles to the south of my house.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like your plantings around your pond and bet you get a lot of enjoyment sitting there by your pond. Nice photo's and pretty one of the sunset but scary to be that close to those fires! Hope it doesn't come to your house!

Reaction score
I was also thinking of making a filter out of a 55 gallon drum and burying it in the middle of the fire pit and take one brick out that faces the pond and have the filtered water coming out of the fire pit. That way its hidden and you can still access it by taking the fire pit top off.

Reaction score
Wow, water that flows out of a fire pit! That's a million dollar idea. And here is the opposite idea, fire that shoots out of your pond! Anyone want to make that a reality? Post pics.

Reaction score
Hey ,
I guessed as much .
Is there an advantage of doing it that way i.e could you just form a small pit using the liner and rocks and let it flow out of that down the waterfall ?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice, hate those fires, we had a home near durango, co, put it on the market and a bad fire burned within 200 feet. We lost quite a bit due to value drop.

Hope it stays away from you.

Reaction score
Very nice, hate those fires, we had a home near durango, co, put it on the market and a bad fire burned within 200 feet. We lost quite a bit due to value drop.

Hope it stays away from you.
I live in durango, up on the mesa going towards farmington. But I live by all the irrigated fields so no fire can get me. Was it missionary ridge fire that burned by your house?

Ask a Question