Any campers? Need advice for a (um,) tent-potty.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I CAN TELL YOU THIS....
11350557_689566427837956_5770279033701878792_n.jpg
I LOVE IT! Gotta pass this on to my scouting buddies! (I hope they'll get it......)

@koiguy1969 You might see it reposted on FB.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Philmont is amazing Addy. Probably one on the hardest backpacking trips I have done. Our trek was 72 miles and after 10 days of hiking on rock it felt so good to walk on packed dirt at base camp. I think my son has gone there 5 times and he wants to go back. I do too but am too out of shape

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My honey says their trips was over 100 miles each trip, he would lose around 25 lbs per trip. He did enjoy it, but intense and so ready to head home.

Said there was enjoyment, but totally dependent on the maturity of the kids and adults that were on the trip

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@snoozer and @addy1 Regarding Philmont..... Every single person I know who has gone to Philmont absolutely loved it! And everyone who could return, did return -- either as a trekker or as staff. But yes, you have to be mentally and physically mature enough to handle it. I wish I could have gone at least once. Hubby & son went to Sea Base a few years ago (I gave up my position so a scout could go.......oh well!)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Philmont is harder mentally I think. Don't get me wrong, it is a physical challenge like none other but the mental challenge is harder. You learn alot about yourself and find you can accomplish much more than you think . I led the group from Baldy Town to the summit of Baldy Mountain. I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to make it and let the crew down but i did it.Of course, I got to the top and burst into tears. Here is a picture of my son and I at the top. Of course this was 6 years and 25 pounds ago (no i am not getting smaller) and if i tried this now I would probably not make it,.

Attachments

• Philmont 2009 450.JPG
    Philmont 2009 450.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 207

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Philmont is harder mentally I think. Don't get me wrong, it is a physical challenge like none other but the mental challenge is harder. You learn alot about yourself and find you can accomplish much more than you think
My hubby totally agrees! They were on the top of it when a snow storm with hail, lightening, rain, hit in the middle July, he said they had to run off the mountain.
This was way before I met him.

Ask a Question