Anyone getting frogs yet?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi !! Our pond and waterfall in Chattanooga Tennessee is really doing great !! We just got our first lilly flowers.

I like the little noisy frogs we got last year and was wondering who's getting frogs? And where are you?

Attachments

• 20190427_113052.jpg
    20190427_113052.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 242

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh my gosh I hate frogs .I have taken over60 of them to farm ponds that the farmers want them for mosquito control .The farmers are happy and I am happy .Also took lots of tadpoles to those ponds ,buckets and buckets of them since March I have been relocating them

Attachments

• 100_6895.JPG
    100_6895.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 100_6896.JPG
    100_6896.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 203
  • 100_6851.JPG
    100_6851.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 243
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sissy, sorry they are a problem for you. We are only on our first full year with the pond. We had a few frogs last year and I think they are funny. We can usually spot them and their bulging throats when they croak. I'm sure if we had a dozen or more, it would be deafening. I think they come to spawn, and then our fish eat the eggs.

Wow JW!! That's way north !!... (and west)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Here in West Tennessee......had one batch of Toad frogs, got little ones hopping all over the yard.....saw a huge bullfrog sunning on the pond wall.... and found some more toad eggs....do love to hear their courtship

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm in northwest North Carolina and we have a parade of frogs (and toads) that starts spawning in early February with the Wood Frogs, then in early March the toads arrive in mass. Later in March the Pickerel frogs show up, followed in April & beyond by the permanent pond inhabitants the green & bull frogs. The Grey Tree frogs start coming in by early May. Our yard & pond is apparently THE place to be around here, if you're an amphibian! wood frogs more 03.jpgtoad spawn more 05.JPGpickerel frog pair 01.JPGgiant bullfrog 01.jpghidden frog pic 03.jpgtree frog 03.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
every year they will be more and more .I remember my first couple of years I would only see 2 or 3 and now with aggie (koi )getting bigger and killing mor frogs it is not fun .Aggie sucks the insides out and the I get the pleasure of removing the rest of it with a net .Sometimes I remove 5 or 6 of them a day

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Not far from you on the Cumberland Plateau, and we've had frogs for several weeks. Green and Leopard, and last week the tree frogs came down to do their thing.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hi !! Our pond and waterfall in Chattanooga Tennessee is really doing great !! We just got our first lilly flowers.

I like the little noisy frogs we got last year and was wondering who's getting frogs? And where are you?
That's a cool looking set-up you've got there! We don't get much in the way of frogs, but they have been croaking for about two weeks. They always seem outside the pond, often kind of far from it, so I'm guessing we've got toads, not frogs.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Toads come earlier in the season to breed and drop eggs, Then the adults go back to wherever, like a 3ish weeks ago. Then the tree frogs , come and then the green frogs. They are just now dropping 1000's of eggs. The green frogs hand around for the summer. The hawks sit in our sort of dead maple tree and snack on frogs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I'm in NW Georgia. We hear LOTS of tree frogs in the summer, but not much yet. I've yet to see any tadpoles at all, anywhere. Makes me worried about the decline of amphibians. But I would be excited to see some tadpoles and hope to one of these years.

Ask a Question