Are my fish acting normal?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
If feeder fish are used as food for larger fish, I don't have a problem with that. (as long as it's an appropriate food - that's another discussion...)
I don't know why fishless cycling is not promoted by fish/pond stores.
It seems to me to be a great way to increase education about water quality testing and sell more water test kits.
I agree Mitch but the health officer who was mentoring me during the change over suggested it as a thing to focus the mind somewhat having live fish in a to be cycled pond I remember being paraniod as hell as things started to creep on up on the test kit readout telling me to stay calm and not to panic because its all going to turn out well , remember we'd kept indoors for 22 years and were usd to an ordered tank with perameters that had been stable for many years :LOL: we can laugh at it now all these years later but not at the time :(

Dave

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
If feeder fish are used as food for larger fish, I don't have a problem with that. (as long as it's an appropriate food - that's another discussion...)
I don't know why fishless cycling is not promoted by fish/pond stores.
It seems to me to be a great way to increase education about water quality testing and sell more water test kits.

I am of the same line of thought here. Why subject any fish to the stress of a newly cycling pond, when it can be easily avoided.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I am of the same line of thought here. Why subject any fish to the stress of a newly cycling pond, when it can be easily avoided.
Why put a feeder fish in a tank of a preditor to b ripped apart whilst still alive Meyer thats my thoughts , the stress the poor fish is under trying desperately to stay one step ahead of the preditor" which it cant ":(
Now thats cruel and un-neccessary to many people :(

Dave

Ask a Question