Article Section

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
This is a great idea! And I'm happy to hear the articles will be edited before posting - nothing frustrates me more than knowing someone has good ideas to share but their grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. make it impossible to read!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Kind of hard to screen for incorrect information when everyone has their own idea's on how to do something and what is right or wrong. Unless it is something very obvious on something like please be sure to feed arsenic to your fish every morning w/a side order of shredded sheet metal screws :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
please be sure to feed arsenic to your fish every morning w/a side order of shredded sheet metal screws

Haha! That would be an easy one to sort out! But you're right - many things are more opinion than fact, but I think it's OK to share opinions too, especially if you have your own experience to back up your opinions, with a warning "your results may vary"... except in the case of arsenic and sheet metal screws. All results will be guaranteed then!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
sounds really good. How will articles be screened for incorrect infomation?

Part of the editing process will be checking for anything that is clearly incorrect, but as j.w says there is likely to be a few ways of doing something for many topics - but I'm sure there's a broad consensus for most things.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ian, not to be negative but there really are two divergent views on the forum. One is for caring for Koi and that sort of pond and the other is for watergardens that include goldfish and other critters. Advice on some things for one type of pond almost makes no sense for the other. ie plants, design of the pond, filtration etc. Thoughts?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ian, not to be negative but there really are two divergent views on the forum. One is for caring for Koi and that sort of pond and the other is for watergardens that include goldfish and other critters. Advice on some things for one type of pond almost makes no sense for the other. ie plants, design of the pond, filtration etc. Thoughts?

Yeah, if the article relates to something that is specific to one type of pond then it'll probably talk need to about it in the introduction. Most things will work for all types of pond, but for anything specific it will be covered either by the category placement or explained within the article.

I'm hoping to test out the article system today, but there will be plenty of refinements over the coming months as we head into spring. Categories can be added, edited and moved - so if we find that the categories we start off with are too broad, we can add more over time :).

Ask a Question