addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
awwwww darn country, maybe you will find it......sending you find the turtle vives.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Thanks, Addy. Larkin says he's found turtles after 2-3 weeks, so I'm hoping I will find this little guy soon. I know there are more in the area, and could easily (probably) find several more, but at present, I want to locate this little guy and make him safe again. Darn cats! They are in the "dog house" for sure! But, my own fault for not thinking about them dumping the bucket over. Would have been safer outside. Live and learn .... hindsight is always 20/20.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Inside my house. I had him in the kitchen area, so the water dumped on the vinyl flooring, but only made a small puddle. I'm not concerned about the water, but just saying that as that's why I put it there. Should have put him in the bathtub .... hindsight again. At least then I would have known if the cats hauled him off, as he could not have crawled out of the tub.
Thanks Baeya and T'Man. I'm hoping to find him yet.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Did you check under the stove, fridge, dishwasher? If the cats 'ate' him, there would be evidence.....
I could see them batting it around like a toy, it might have slid way back under something

Reaction score
Check under the sofas.........anywhere that isn't connected to the floor! Oh, GEEZE........I wish I was there helping! This may sound stupid, but I like looking for lost things :redface: I have a knack for it.....hehe

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well, yes, under everything in the kitchen was first spots. I'm going to pull the bottom drawer out of the stove, maybe he went to the back, crawled up inside of it somehow. Looked under fridge, washer and dryer (utility room is next to room he/she was in), took all clothes out of laundry basket on the floor, thinking he may have crawled into one of the holes, hidden in the clothes. The steps to basement are open, and if Tarzan did it (he's #1 culprit of my 2 cats), he would have played with him, may have batted him down the steps. They are carpeted, so he would be fine with that, but looked in obvious places down there already, too. Getting frustrated! Going to have to pray to Saint .... which Saint is it that is the Patron Saint of lost things? Is it St. Francis? I think he's saint of animals! I need your seek and find talent, Baeya! I keep running back to the computer to look for more hints from everyone. Like a scavenger hunt, and so far I'm NOT winning! Off to do more searching ....

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
none of us will sleep well waiting to hear from you country!

Reaction score
I just read your first post for this thread. You said he had to climb over 6" to get into your skimmer........oh, no! If he can climb then no telling where the heck he is! Maybe when you crawl into bed this evening, you'll have company!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Baeya, after I looked in the kitchen area, the next place I looked was on my bed! LOL But, that's because the other cat, Grace, likes to lay there all day, so I figured if she was the culprit, she may have taken him to bed. I'm pooped. I have looked everywhere I can think of, and yes, I've looked at things where he could have climbed up onto things, too. Even in the couch under the cushions, if the cat took him up there, and turned over the recliners to see if he climbed up under and into them! Maybe I should turn the couch over. UGH!!!. I have a feeling he just got played with but have no idea where he could be. Maybe tonight, when it's very quiet .... that is as long as Olive, one of my Bostons is not snoring!!! .... I will hear him scuffling somewhere. If he's in this house, he's a darn good hider, that's all I can say!

Addy, I think I won't sleep well, but I'm sure the rest of you will if I don't find him by bedtime. :) I keep asking Tarzan, "Where's the turtle?" He just meows and follows me around. When I looked in the sump pump hole in the basement, he peered in with me, so I thought maybe .... but no luck. BTW, Tarzan is my cat that fetches things and carries them back up from the basement. His favorite toy is aquarium tubing (no, he's not allowed to get his own!) and when I toss it down the steps, he gets it and brings it back. So, that being said, I figure he could have carried that turtle about anywhere! He also likes to eat the big grasshoppers .... so I'm hoping he didn't think the turtle was a grasshopper. I agree with whoever said there would be remnants if he tried to eat it ... something left somewhere, but I have found no leftovers anywhere either, so still hoping ...

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What do they eat? can you put out some food and maybe keep the cats contained to see if it comes out to eat?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh this is terrible news and hope you find him somewhere. The cats can't eat his shell so yes there would be evidence left even if they scratched him and then there would be blood. He has got to be hiding somewhere and he could be in a place you already looked when you start looking again cuz he could be on the move. Watch the cats and see where they go cuz they might want to play w/ him again and they know where he is. He could have went under the fridge and then up onto whatever is under there to climb up onto. You might have to carefully pull the fridge or stove etc. out and check into those. Darn I hope you find him soon. I'm good at finding things also and hubby always has me look for his lost things which happens much too often IMHO, lol! I'll send prayers your way and too little turtle also that he ends up safe and sound. You might want to put the cats somewhere tonight where you know the turtle isn't for sure just to be safe.

Ask a Question