bacteria.. just the basics

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Mark, I see where it came in, That's why I decided to try and take the topic more active elsewhere. Bacteria and algae have several things in common, and I am very well aware that they can help each other as well as hindering each others function in a pond. Which I'm sure you'll agree. So it only stands to reason that the two subjects get combined quite often. Hard to talk about one without the other when there is a problem.

LOL, BTW, I just realized that this thread was started over two years ago! Didn't even dawn on me this was a old post that had been restarted!

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
No need to add any 'beneficial bacteria'. They are already present in your pond and will colonize the 'bog' at a rate proportionate to the nutrient supply available to them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Bacteria is everywhere, Harshit.
Bacteria is on you, your tools, the air, in rainfall, the plants you buy, in the water you fill your pond with.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Bacteria is everywhere, Harshit.
Bacteria is on you, your tools, the air, in rainfall, the plants you buy, in the water you fill your pond with.
Understood now thanks, like all other insect, creature, algae etc they also come and colonize themselves where they find suitable environment.
Now my question is how can we make the most suitable environment for them?

Ask a Question