sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
seems the bigger fish are checking it out more than the little ones .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You got that right koiguy..........it's a big NO........it was just and idea and I may do it sometime but weather would have to be warmer than today for sure to get down into that cold water. Might try the baggy camera thing tho. We have instant fall weather starting today.........rain and wind! Bah humbug!

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
i don't get in the pond to video them....i just put down a cushion or two to lay on and stick my hand and arm down in!! but thanks for the idea. if you try it and it comes out good, i will be glad to give it a try myself..... like i said, i may try to get a better video today...so if you get out there early enough, and post it so i can see it before i do mine. i will do it today!!
***NO?....I thought not!!*********
well as your the inventor i think i should follow your lead :) oh and i cant swim

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
then i woildnt be usig it in its intended way!.....my luck,.. i'd slip and crack my head open. get knocked out and drown....

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol koiguy we would miss you! so stick with your current method it does well!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Ahh, I see my little guy, t's actually the one that is one the screen before you hit the play button. I see him really good between 1:08-1:22 in the video. Inthe other thread i couldn't figure which one it was. Still holding a lot of black on its back with a bright orange face. Question, You have one fish (orange and black that looks similar to the big one. It's bigger than the babies, but smaller than the big guys. Is that this years biggest baby or a older fish. also I thought I saw a ochiba in the babies. did you end up with one or two?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
fishin...that 6"er is from last years spawns...he has a slight deformity in his spine that causes his head to slant off to the side alittle. i didnt want to put him down. but didnt want to sell him either. but he seens to be outgrowing the problem now its becoming less and less noticable. and last winter he spent most of the time sitting in the corner of the basement pond, reclusive. but seems to have outgrown that as well. i have a few hi utsuris ( sumi orenji as i call them) in the group this year. i will be taking some real good pics of the juveniles in tubs when i transfer them indoors soon.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
can't tell anything is wrong with it in the video, 1:20-1;22 the one I like swims straight up to the camera face first. It's almost solid black except the face when viewed from above, LOL and yes sumi Orengi with lots of sumi! ;-) I showed the wifey and she says, another orange and black, LOL I told her yea, but I've been watching that little guy since it was born, She says, SO, it's still orange and black, what you going to do? drive to Michigan and try and buy it? I looked at her and she said, don't look at me like that, YOUR not flying up to buy a baby koi, NO! First time she ever told me I COULD NOT DO SOMETHING!!! :-0 :grumble:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I showed the wifey and she says, another orange and black, LOL I told her yea, but I've been watching that little guy since it was born, She says, SO, it's still orange and black, what you going to do? drive to Michigan and try and buy it? I looked at her and she said, don't look at me like that, YOUR not flying up to buy a baby koi, NO! First time she ever told me I COULD NOT DO SOMETHING!!! :-0 :grumble:

utoh, the pond honeymoon is over! laughing

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
LOL, I think it was more a NO I can't fly up there more than I can't have the fish....lol I think she's about out of Vaco days for this year!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
is everyone able to view this video?....i'm losing videos again...sometimes their there, sometimes not...how about other videos?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
oops ...i should have said the original video in this thread...i didnt post another one....sorry if you were looking for one in the last post!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I went back to the first post and I can still see your video and have had no problems viewing any other videos on this forum. Maybe you just need glasses or stop taking that medication,lol!

Ask a Question