Bakki Shower

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I've seen the test where they tested lava rock, feather rock and cermedia, Once you see those three it's a pretty obvious choice. Cermedia is by far the better preformer. I've seen other media used including bio,balls, plastic strapping, lava rock and J-matting/Matala. I haven't seen much on pumice. I'm thinking if I do decide on using one I want two trays but I want cermedia amd K-1 because K-1 also helps provides buffering and it can be used in other ways too so i wouldn't waste the money on it if it didn't work well in a tray.
But I'm also looking at Rotor drums too. They are even newer technology and suppose to take up the least amount of space for filtering capacity. I'm not really looking for cost effectivness first off. I'm seriously wanting two identical large ponds for display tanks.
My idea is Ying-Yang ponds. I need to save on room but very effective filters. I want two ponds that can handle 12-24 full grown koi. So cost cutting will be considered but only to the point of one piece fo equipment be far superior or greatly reducing long term running such as pump effeciency, warranties, etc. I'm also looking at ease of use, How easy is it to maintain.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
At $125 a cubic foot ceramic media is not anything I would jump into.

While not fixed on it an upflow bog sounds better if you have the room. But solutions not requiring large amounts of rocks sounds better to my back.

Are fluid bed bead filters still around ?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Yes, fluid bead filters are still being used and worked with. I'm trying to get a new member signed up on the site that can give us all some more insite to the Bakki Tower questions and rotor drum. I'm trying to get him over as there are questions and I honestly feel he has far more knowledge in this area.

Ask a Question