Bass in a small pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b/9a
Country
United States
Looking for some info regarding keeping some bass, small mouth, large mouth, or even possibly Guadalupe. I know people keep them in aquariums, pretty small aquariums actually, but I'm having problems finding info on keeping them in a smaller outdoor pond. The pond will be roughly 9x7 irregularly shaped with a minimum depth of 24".

Any advice on whether this is a good idea, or ridiculously stupid are welcome. If its possible, what stocking numbers should I aim for. 1? 2-4? Can I keep anything with them? A larger channel cat or open to other suggestions....? I know they are aggressive, so I'm limited in what I can do with them, but I'd be happy with a bass or two in there.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
You might could get away with two, channel cat that they can't eat shouldn't be a problem, Might even be able to get away with one or two sunfish, but that's about max, need plenty of hiding spots and go deeper if possible.

Ask a Question