Best Product to kill/desolve string algae.

Reaction score
Theres is this chemical called "the pink stuff alge control" I swaer by it along with my UV but I use it evry year btw its animal safe.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
a lot of them say animal safe but never heard of the stuff you are talking about .Do you have a pic of it or more info :question:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I'd be interested in a bio-filter. We are going to have to replace our filter soon and we have always fought with trying to control an abundance of string algae.

Reaction score
I use a lot of plants and my larger pond has some minor algae, the smaller pond ( less than 200) gets a lot in the spring - I use hyrdon peroxide and Time" and works well, and also hae a lot of plants ( a lot for me, may be more correcT)

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Be very careful with the Iongen clarifiers and be sure to follow the instructions that recommend ongoing testing of the water. If these clarifiers are never adjusted over time and as algae reduces, then the buildup of free metal ions are more avialable and will become toxic to fish. Rather than a one time shot of a herbicide or oxidizers, these Iongens rely on a continuing residual, which is safe as long as the residual is not allowed to be too high.

So, just as with any product used, follow the instructions!!

Ask a Question