betta pictures and an impressive bubble nest

Discussion in 'Indoor tanks' started by bettasngoldfish, Jul 3, 2015.

1. bettasngoldfish

bettasngoldfish Maria

No problem Dave :)

bettasngoldfish, Jul 5, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. bettasngoldfish

bettasngoldfish Maria

Thanks Nepen, I have bettas in some of my aquariums with other fish too. I think we talked about this before but you gotta be careful with the crayfish in a tank with bettas. Sooner or later the betta is going to be a snack for the crayfish :(

bettasngoldfish, Jul 5, 2015
    Nepen likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. bettasngoldfish

Nepen

Haha I know, my first one already was a snack to the crayfish. I think this one is a lot smarter and is more active though. He is swimming everywhere, not really hiding like the last one. So finger cross. :)

Nepen, Jul 5, 2015
  4. bettasngoldfish

Dave 54

Nephe there are certain fish that do not do well together this is why they have compatable species books so you can make a good informed choice as to what fish etc you can put together safely in a tank....
    Crayfish and Bettas do not go together in a tank "sorry but thats a fact personally I'd remove the betta and put it in its own tank".
    I dont want to be answering a post in a week or two's time saying help Betta attacked by crayfish because I'd have to truthfully say "I told you so".

Dave

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Dave 54, Jul 5, 2015
    bettasngoldfish likes this.
  5. bettasngoldfish

Dave 54

Ahh this is agony three more likes takes us to a 2,000 likes I've been watching them tick down since yesterday when I realized just how close Val and I were to that figure. :cool: :LOL:
    Anyone want to put use out of our agony to bring it to a nice round number ;)

Dave

Dave 54, Jul 6, 2015
    bettasngoldfish likes this.
  6. bettasngoldfish

Nepen

Thanks Dave. He was first in his own little tank but my son and my animals were playing and knocked the tank to the floor (new tank too) so I put the betta in the big tank until we could get the new tank and just hadnt done that yet. I'll get him out somehow.

Nepen, Jul 6, 2015
  7. bettasngoldfish

Dave 54

In the far east these bettas live in Jam jars in the tropical shop we use for food they are in there own little tanks about the size of jam jars with air being pumped in .
    Sterilize something like that they are Labyrinth fish which means they are in possesion of an extra breathing organ situated in the head immediately behind the gills that will suffice for now till you get a new tank .
    We used to keep tropicals ourselves years ago :)

Dave

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    Dave 54, Jul 6, 2015
  8. bettasngoldfish

peter hillman Let me think for minute....

I can't stand to see fish in a tiny bowl like they sell the Betta's. My daughter is into them and I've offered several options other than the bowl but she say's he's OK. At least she keeps some pond vegetation in there for him.

peter hillman, Sep 6, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question