Big Rock For Waterfall

Reaction score
sissy said:
I have done 5 house in my lifetime and made ugly pretty .Last one I bought for son 2 years ago while he was going to college and paid 5 thousand at auction and I remodeled it myself and put 25 thousand into it to make it energy wise and pretty and he sold it in January after my hubby's heart attack and got 98 thousand the first day he put it on the market 50 people visited realtor was shocked .It was only a couple of blocks from the college and only 2 bath (it had 1 when I bought it )and 2 bedrooms.I did all the work myself .Super insulated and rewired ,even building inspector was impressed ,code plus .So after buying my first house in NJ back in 1973 I have collected my fair share of tools .A women with tools was not really what people expected back then .Places kept saying maybe you should ask your hubby first .Yeh sure .I am my fathers daughter and proud my dad made me learn to do it myself . :cheerful:
Good for you Sissy, i like when a woman is not afraid to tackle constuction projects, i belong to a woodworking forum, and there are lots of women on there who are just as good, if not better then some of the so called, " Masters" there are two women on there who have helped me with some of my builds, and if it wasn't for them, i would have never finished my builds.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ShawnLimy said:
I am a tool guy, and i can't turn down a good deal on tools, even if i already have a certain tool, if it is a good price, i can't walk away from it.

My late hubby was a machinist, I have always had tools, it tooks us two tractor loads to bring my tools, nuts and bolts, tool boxes, neat rocks, pots from arizona to maryland, and a little bit of furniture, a harley ......on and on. My new honey to be asked when he picked up one box, what are you moving? rocks?, I just smiled..........

I love my tools, would be lost without them.

Reaction score
addy1 said:
My late hubby was a machinist, I have always had tools, it tooks us two tractor loads to bring my tools, nuts and bolts, tool boxes, neat rocks, pots from arizona to maryland, and a little bit of furniture, a harley ......on and on. My new honey to be asked when he picked up one box, what are you moving? rocks?, I just smiled..........

I love my tools, would be lost without them.
addy, i know this is a thread about a rock, but, i posted this question somewhere else, could i skip a drain in my bog, and put a false floor of some kind, then put less p-gravel for easier cleaning, would you happen to know?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My small bogs, the whiskey barrel ones, I had a false floor (easy to do not that much gravel) and a drain.

This bog, big, no way to support this much gravel off the floor. All I have is a pipe going through the liner so if I need to drain it down I can. It is the same pipe that feeds the bog with water, we did a T one to the pump one to a ball valve I can open when I need to drain it. I have drained it down a few times, just did it recently (a little amount of the water) no muck, water pretty clean.

The pipe comes out of the end near the bottom of the bog.

I do not draw water from the bottom of the pond and have a leaf basket before the pump to catch any large matter.

If the bog is smallish you can also back flush with a hose. Stick the hose in the top of the gravel run water through. Even with a false floor you would need to somehow drain the water out.

I am on my 3rd summer of the bog, I don't really do anything to it except purge overgrowing plants. Shut it off for the winter.

btw it is your thread you can have whatever you want in it............lol

Reaction score
Thanks addy,

Looks like i will be adding a drain then, i will start this on Sunday.

I was wondering why so many people are using white pvc instead of black abs? must be the price, pvc must be cheaper, i will have to check HomeDepot or Lowes here in Canada.

Thanks again addy, you have been a big help.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think there is a better selection of fittings with pvc. Not sure lol, have always just used pvc.

Any pvc that shows I just spray paint it with hard plastic spray paint, use brown and black sort of streak it, i.e. mix the colors. Blends the piping right in. Even the pvc in the pond I do the same with the paint, then you can't really see it.

Glad to help, I have been using bogs for years, makes my ponds real simple and easy to care for. Low maintenance. Hardly ever have water issues. Sure do love the lack of string algae and green water.

Ask a Question