bio filter question

Reaction score
I got my UV biofilter today. After I inspected it and made sure everything was ok I couldn't help myself and hooked it up to the pond. It works just like it should I'm guessing. It did come with a 9 watt UV light. The only down side is, is that the pump that's pumping the water to it is only rated for approx. 330 gph. I have a 400 gal pond! I will be getting a better and bigger pump next week.
This green water is killing me! I'm almost tempted to drain all the water and start all over! How long should I expect to see a change in the water quality and clarity? I'm a very impatient person and would love to see immediate results but I know that's not going to happen. After all the advice yall gave me and after all the research I've done I thought I would have a better understanding and no how on how to keep the water clean. any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Ask a Question