? black pond tubing

Reaction score
Hi, most of my pond info is in the intro forum, but my question right now is this:

I'd like to use the black flexible corrugated tubing from pump to pond. its at Lowes for $24 for 270 inches of 1 1/2" tubing. My pump is a 3/4 HP spa/pool pump and at the end of the hose I'll have a pre-filter. Is it possible that the hosing will collapse from the strength of the pump?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I bought it and first winter it cracked /looked for pics of it but can't find them yet .I use sump pump hose

Reaction score
The problem would more likely result from having a prefilter on the end of the hose unless it is some sort of very large contraption that will not impede the flow.
My pre filter is a wire mesh trash can squished down with batting and window screen covering it. I was thinking of drilling holes along the last 6-8 inches as well at the end of the hose

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It untwisted around the ribbing and lucky I caught it that morning

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
What was recommended to me was to use the flexible pvc, same diameter as yours. Get the smooth interior, not the ribbed as that will keep optimum water flow and have less issues re icing, flexibility, etc. I believe I got mine at Lowe's, or it might have been through Amazon; just search; it's not that expensive.

Michael

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
I'm currently using that stuff with a pair of 2900gph pumps. Never had any trouble with them holding the pressure, however as mentioned this stuff gets brittle when its cold out! After the first snow hits, I won't touch the pumps unless I have to (or on those occasions when the temps get back in the 50's). I made it through this past Winter finally without breaking either of the hoses.

Ask a Question