blanket weed

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
paulm said:
the pond gets sun in the afternoon it is blanket weed the liner is covered in it the filter hoses are covered in it the pond is 10*6*3.5 feet the whole sides of the pond are emerald green
If your pond walls are emerald green and no large strings that is good don't bother it string algae is a different kind of algae.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thanks alot JW as thats more info I can use just in case it happens to my pond will buy some and add to my list of products to use great info

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Ok question I have heard a lot about zeolite and that there is a form of it called PDZ for horse stalls is it the same as what they sell for ponds and what exactly does it do for ponds .Not sure where I saw this info Also isn't duckweed the same thing that grows in swampy areas as a kid we had a swamp close to our house and I used to see something like this growing in the water

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep Sissy that could very well have been duckweed although there are other kinds of floating little pond plants that it could also have been :regular_waving_emot

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
:lol:I saw it on your fingers in the pic and it reminded me of the swamp in NJ by my parents house .Growing up it I always thought it was pretty never thought it was a weed

Reaction score
Interesting thought with the kitty litter. I had a guy tell me to plant my plants in it. What do you think of that? It would serve two purposes.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have heard of planting in kitty litter also w/ good results.............just make sure you use the kind that say 100% Bentonite Clay w/ no perfumes or additives and it will cloud up your water for a bit but goes away pretty quickly

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thats next on my list to buy special kitty for my fish have to buy a new fish and name it kitty my Pee Wees birthday is tomorrow he will be 1 year old my chihuahua in the pic

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
pdz 25 lb bag at tractor supply is 6 dollars because bag was damaged slightly was regularly 9.99 it's called a stall refresher friend uses it for his horses and mentioned it was zeolite so I bought the damaged bag .I guess I'm glad I picked it up .It's called sweet pdz.I'm glad I went there and got some great deals

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sweet pdz says material is clinoptilolite (clino) zeolite that is what it says on the bag and Mike uses it in his horse stalls and when I told him about the oystershells being at tractor supply ,he also uses the oyster shells for his chickens to strengthen the egg shells .The kitty litter JW told us about that because of the betonite in it

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
never new that what brand do you remember .Strange where you find zeolite and in petsmart here it is 12 dollars for 2 little bags .Jokes on us I guess

Ask a Question