Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
....... No offense, anyone!

Was putting out a sprinkler in the back yard this morning and had an EPIPHANY!

Now that that pond will be taking up a huge chunk of the back, we won't be spending as much money on the water bill 'cause there is less lawn to water....... :p

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
win win in a way , but remember your electric bill will make up for that ,hate to burst your bubble .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Less money on gas for the mower and time spent mowing too TM so triple winning for you!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
but then again more work on the pond and headaches .I keep coming up with the bad aspects huh ,but there is always good and bad about everything .I remember when my sons learned to drive and thought it was great when they got there license but wow what a headache worry worry worry ,now I know what causes grey hair and i earned every bit of it . :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
very true now that I think about it .Topping off the pond, cleaning filters and countless other things .I guess having well water I really would not know how much water I use and if you have to treat city water that adds to the cost

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Sissy; you must have gotten out on the wrong side of the bed this morning. She has a POND!! Say something encouraging!!!!
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ponds are wonderful nature acquiring beautiful bodies of water we all love!

Reaction score
TM, we got your back, we know where you're coming from.. as no watering that part of lawn, or mowing or..... especially addy

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
If you ask me, grass is more work. Just want paths, ponds and flower beds. Trying to plant low maintenance stuff, like drought tolerant, nice rocks to play with, stuff like that. I am slowly getting rid of most of the grass. :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well I really can't get rid of all my lawn and after spreading 12 truckloads of mulch in flower beds and I am not even done yet .I spent 3 weeks on and off weeding and since it will be cool and we got a little rain last night need to get out there again .But have to wait for the telephone repairman to come .He should be here soon I hope ,scheduled for 8:45 and now 8:50 hmmm .I did get my shipment from pet mountain yesterday and got 2 new tank adapters so I can put new filter tank in when I rebuild the waterfall .Less than 9 dollars each so cheaper than tractor supply at 14.99 and got my activated charcoal also 3 lb. bags

Ask a Question